Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

3 hours ago, Franky said:

I am intrigued, what did you do mate ?

I made a seemingly reasonable wager that the Foo Fighters wouldn't play a gig at the Cheese & Grain in Frome. Then they went and did. Unfortunately I bet a free pint to the entire eFests meet if I was wrong. HOWEVER, in 2015 somebody was having a really hard time at the festival and I went and found them and tried my best to sort them out. It was, I calculate, about £4.50 worth of everyone's better selves.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I made a seemingly reasonable wager that the Foo Fighters wouldn't play a gig at the Cheese & Grain in Frome. Then they went and did. Unfortunately I bet a free pint to the entire eFests meet if I was wrong. HOWEVER, in 2015 somebody was having a really hard time at the festival and I went and found them and tried my best to sort them out. It was, I calculate, about £4.50 worth of everyone's better selves.

Have an up vote :)

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Me and my long-term lurker friend plan on popping in. Not sure how we're going to convince the non efest members of our crew.... Maybe they can go and rustle up some craft or some such and meet us after :)

I'm in the same boat, I'll be trying to convince my group that this will be a great place to go but I'll have to go with the majority, hopefully won't be too far away and I can pop in with my flashing lights.

I'll try to pop round if the 12:15 Birmingham coach, queues, setting up camp etc goes smoothly.

Don't know anyone in particular here but what better place to get to know people

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Missed it last year due to trafficageddon but hopefully I'll be there at some point this year. Coach won't be in until about 6pm but there's still plenty of time after that.

Meet you for a boozy bimble.

1 hour ago, nataliealana said:

I seem to have been abandoned this year as all of my friends have backed out :girlsad:. Will drop by, otherwise I'll be in for a very lonely five days.

This post pulled on every heart string I have. There's not many of them but still ! 

I almost know how you feel. Mrs works until 5ish from Wed to Sun so day time is a lonely old bimble for me, though I'm not shy and Chat to & drink with allsorts. 

So Ill be there, in full hulk hogan costume if @Quark takes up the challenge. Otherwise I'll just be in my usual kilt & vest gooning about. 

4 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

This post pulled on every heart string I have. There's not many of them but still ! 

I almost know how you feel. Mrs works until 5ish from Wed to Sun so day time is a lonely old bimble for me, though I'm not shy and Chat to & drink with allsorts. 

So Ill be there, in full hulk hogan costume if @Quark takes up the challenge. Otherwise I'll just be in my usual kilt & vest gooning about. 

Stop dragging me into every conversation you goon!! :lol:

Anyway, you won't be the one wearing swimming trunks and makeup!

3 hours ago, nataliealana said:

I seem to have been abandoned this year as all of my friends have backed out :girlsad:. Will drop by, otherwise I'll be in for a very lonely five days.

Think a fair few of us will be solo goers, time to make some friends!!

2 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Aww- thanks! 

My friends were meant to be playing so didn't get tickets and turns out the stage messed up and they're not. We've been every year since 2009 and I won't get a refund on my ticket now so..might as well go solo!