lightweight holdall/rucksack for daytime

babyblade41

22 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

any recommendations for  the above at all, I have my main one but need something lightweight for carrying around away from the tent.

Ta mutely x

I dont know how to link a topic im afraid.... so i have bumped 'festival bags' in the chat forum... plenty of info in there.

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I dont know how to link a topic im afraid.... so i have bumped 'festival bags' in the chat forum... plenty of info in there.

Don't you just paste in the url from the top or do you mean something else?

11 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I've used this rucksack a few times and it's perfect for festivals.  It's big enough to carry whatever you need for the day, including booze, but packs down small enough to put in your pocket in the evenings when you've drunk and/or are wearing whatever you were carrying in it earlier.

THAT LOOKS EXCELLENT, thanks ...oops sorry for shouting

Edited by babyblade41

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I bought this: https://www.surfdome.com/the_north_face_backpacks_-_the_north_face_flyweight_pack_backpack_-_asphalt_grey-240509 

Although from Amazon not this shop. It's quite expensive for what it is, but it's very light and folds down into a small pouch so when it's empty you can clip it to your belt or something. 

That looks good, might have to see if I can get a cheaper version... thanks 

12 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Whatever daysack you buy, make sure it's waterproof (or use a dry sack inner in addition). Top tip from my many years going to Glasto ;-) x

yes thanks for this tip, the weather for the next week here is pants , just hoping for better soon 

Looks like donthaveacoolname's decathlon offering wins this one.  At that price you could get 3 of my mountain warehouse ones, and I thought they were cheap.

Other than clothing, I always aim to bring the cheapest stuff that will do the job.  That way if my tent gets smashed, or I drop any of my toys in the mud etc., it's not such a disaster.

On 5/15/2017 at 0:40 PM, Mark E. Spliff said:

Looks like donthaveacoolname's decathlon offering wins this one.  At that price you could get 3 of my mountain warehouse ones, and I thought they were cheap.

Other than clothing, I always aim to bring the cheapest stuff that will do the job.  That way if my tent gets smashed, or I drop any of my toys in the mud etc., it's not such a disaster.

Glad to be of help, in the same i try to take the cheapest that will work and always remember to take nothing you can't afford to lose......

I need to sit down when I've been out walking so I have a rucksack with a fold down stool, or is it a stool attached to a rucksack? Anyway you fill it with booze or whetever, carry it around, find something you want to see or have a rest, take a beer from the rucksack and sit on the stool. I bought it from my local fishing shop. This sort of thing   Shakespeare Folding Stool With Back Pack - Brown/Green, 100 Kg   Yes it weighs a bit more than a nylon bag, but it doesn't warm your beer up.

On 19/05/2017 at 0:00 PM, the beadle said:

I need to sit down when I've been out walking so I have a rucksack with a fold down stool, or is it a stool attached to a rucksack? Anyway you fill it with booze or whetever, carry it around, find something you want to see or have a rest, take a beer from the rucksack and sit on the stool. I bought it from my local fishing shop. This sort of thing   Shakespeare Folding Stool With Back Pack - Brown/Green, 100 Kg   Yes it weighs a bit more than a nylon bag, but it doesn't warm your beer up.

Undecided now which one to take, could be on eBay selling all my duplicate purchases !!   Many thanks