How's your Wednesday looking?

hermano

I'm getting the midnight NE from Manchester. 

"Great!" I thought! I'll be able to get a train from my local train station 5 minute walk away and a short walk to the NE depot, then I'll be able to sleep on the bus and wake up in Glasto!!

... Then I remembered the horror of statutory breaks with obligatory exciting from the bus. 

So in reality, I'll be lucky to grab 2 hours sleep. Will take it easy. My friends aren't arriving until Thursday anyway, so may as well relax with a book and meet some new people on Wednesday.

Edited by fowls

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, fowls said:

"Great!" I thought! I'll be able to get a train from my local train station 5 minute walk away and a short walk to the NE depot, then I'll be able to sleep on the bus and wake up in Glasto!!

... Then I remembered the horror of statutory breaks with obligatory exciting from the bus. 

So in reality, I'll be lucky to grab 2 hours sleep. Will take it easy. My friends aren't arriving until Thursday anyway, so may as well relax with a book and meet some new people on Wednesday.

A book. With like pages with words on and stuff? Unless that book is "100 cool things you never knew you could have fun doing at Glastonbury" or "How to meet fellow revellers and talk pish for hours" then give your head a wobble son. You can read anywhere !!  :D

1 minute ago, Bonaneas said:

A book. With like pages with words on and stuff? Unless that book is "100 cool things you never knew you could have fun doing at Glastonbury" or "How to meet fellow revellers and talk pish for hours" then give your head a wobble son. You can read anywhere !!  :D

I work full time, as well as 1 in 5 24hr services on call, and study a doctorate in my spare time. Reading is a luxury.

Besides not all that much is open on Wednesday. It's chill out day!

My Wednesday will consist of trying to look interested/excited at my Grand-daughter's 1st birthday party - while thinking I'd rather be sat in a tent (probably in the rain) drinking pear cider in a field . 

Followed by a final check and pack of my gear ready to catch the bus to Glasto on Thursday.

10 hours ago, fowls said:

Do they definitely do statutory breaks on NE coaches? Pretty sure I've got from London to Manchester before without one. Guess Glastonbury is further though.

I know they definitely do them on See, usually for like 40 minutes... that and the distance getting from North Greenwich to the other side of London has added best part of two hours to my journey last couple of times. Oh well.

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do they definitely do statutory breaks on NE coaches? Pretty sure I've got from London to Manchester before without one. Guess Glastonbury is further though.

I know they definitely do them on See, usually for like 40 minutes... that and the distance getting from North Greenwich to the other side of London has added best part of two hours to my journey last couple of times. Oh well.

It depends on the time on the road.  I've taken the Manchster NE 2 or 3 times, and every time there's been a pitstop just outside of glastonbury with everyone having to get out.

I seem to remember one year the driver taking pity on us on the way back and letting us sleep on the coach during the stop, but I might be imagining things.

Edited by fowls

Go to work while the husband packs the car, picks up mother in law and patiently waits for me....finish work at 2, leave Tewkesbury at 3, get there for 5ish, hopefully be set up by 8pm and then have a drink of gin with all our lovely friends :)

Hopefully I'll be on shift. Its always  good to get the Wednesday morning shift cos it means you've got one out of the way nice and early, it's good fun cos all the punters are buzzing to be there/delirious from lack of sleep, and it's so insanely  busy that the shift goes by really quickly. 

14 hours ago, Penrhos said:

My Wednesday will consist of trying to look interested/excited at my Grand-daughter's 1st birthday party - while thinking I'd rather be sat in a tent (probably in the rain) drinking pear cider in a field . 

Followed by a final check and pack of my gear ready to catch the bus to Glasto on Thursday.

Sounds like a harsh beat. Put it this way, she's not even going to remember if you pump out some Kid A and sink a six pack of cider and prep in this way

Bit late to the party on this, finally got a plan together.

Travelling with See Coaches this year, the first time since 2007, which I hope isn't some kind of terrible omen.

Me and 3 others will be on the 7:45am coach from Brighton, and hopefully hitting the site by 1pm.

Meeting the car crew by Gate D and pitching up in Paines for the first time. Fancy something new.

Get the tent up, then settle down for a drink, smoke and chill. Say hello to our new neighbours and head to the cider bus, followed by Avalon Inn, then possibly NYC Downlow.

Can't wait now, getting sooooo close.

On 2017-5-15 at 9:55 AM, Gnomicide said:

Pacing about the house until it's time to leave. Bus to Liverpool to catch the 12:00 coach. Hopefully arrive on site at around 18:00, thanks to a wonderful offer from a true gentleman of this parish, I should be arriving to a fully erected tent. 

Should is the key word there. The bloke's clearly a lunatic who's going to nick your tent. 

I was told last night that one of my mates, who is working at the festival, isn't going to be able to pre-pitch my tent on the Tuesday night, as is normally the case when I go to the festival. It's no great shakes really, as I have a pop up tent, but it does mean that I am no longer guaranteed a pitch next to other mates, who are all arriving at different times.

Whatever I do, I need to ensure that I'm not arriving too late, so that I get to the efests meet up for kick off.

On 2017-5-14 at 2:48 PM, pie_and_a_pint said:

Very late to bed as it's Solstice the night before so will have been at Stone Circle. Wake up in Tom's Field to the sound of the 'gates are open' roar. Wander over and plonk myself somewhere up high like the back of the Park and watch the site fill up. Head to Pennard Organic to buy some lunchtime wine, then get merrily tiddled as the day goes on so I'm brave enough to come to the eFests meet.

Likewise, Tues night in Maceo's until they start to close down, wander up to the Stones to celebrate the sunrise.  Grab a nap somewhere (it's going to be dry, so under a handy tree I reckon) and then wake up as the gates open and watch excited people arriving.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:35 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Surely they're not still trying to go through town onto the M4? Got an early coach in 14 and fell asleep pretty much straight away. Woke up a couple of hours later only to see us barely going through victoria. 

Getting the coach again this year and praying that they do M25- M3 - A303.