hermano

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not! The stages of ageing.

In my youth I would have jumped on this like a fat lad on a pie.

In my later years I'd have questioned the fact that I'm no longer in the shape I used to be and couldn't carry it off

These days I know I'll need to plan where to keep my stuff and question the value of £15 on what seems to be some coloured string and a face paint kit.

I shall consider my options.

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm not! The stages of ageing.

In my youth I would have jumped on this like a fat lad on a pie.

In my later years I'd have questioned the fact that I'm no longer in the shape I used to be and couldn't carry it off

These days I know I'll need to plan where to keep my stuff and question the value of £15 on what seems to be some coloured string and a face paint kit.

I shall consider my options.

I'll be 42 years old come Wednesday the 21nd of June so "age ain't nuttin' but a number..."

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Man, this thread is bad for my psyche. Going to have to stay off here. I'm now concerned that arriving at about 1430 on Wednesday is too late and there'll be no campimg left for me. Madness really.

That really depends where you want to camp. Tons of space round Bushey and Darble at that time and later last couple of times I went but I presume you want more central?

Oh and Pylon too.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

35 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

I'll be 42 years old come Wednesday the 21nd of June so "age ain't nuttin' but a number..."

Nah, the age thing's a red herring. Truth be told if it was a challenge that had come a while back I'd have been up for it, but I just don't have the time left to sort out a decent version of the costume. And I have a hatred for doing fancy dress half arsed, honest truth!

I'll compromise and have a look in the loft, see what I've still got in the dressing up box :)

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nah, the age thing's a red herring. Truth be told if it was a challenge that had come a while back I'd have been up for it, but I just don't have the time left to sort out a decent version of the costume. And I have a hatred for doing fancy dress half arsed, honest truth!

I'll compromise and have a look in the loft, see what I've still got in the dressing up box :)

Ha ok cool. Truth be told I've never ever done fancy dress so figured why not. If I can't get away with it at Glasto in the cabaret field then I'll never do it ! :D

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That really depends where you want to camp. Tons of space round Bushey and Darble at that time and later last couple of times I went but I presume you want more central?

Oh and Pylon too.

Yeah, I guess. Was hoping for something a bit more central. I've done Big Ground, Kidney Mead, Park home, Dairy., and the slog back up to the latter two can be a bit of a pain in the arse. Ideally I'd like to be somewhere on the North, as close to Williams Green as possible. 

We've been spoiled the last few years as we came in on the Tuesday to CV West and were through the doors and in by 8.15 on the Wednesday morning. Straight across the site to Kidney Mead. Everything has been up assemebled and done by 10am

On the plus side, we've only got a 4 man pop-up tent, not very big, we might be able to squeeze in somewhere. Guess we'll have to see what it's like when we get there. 

You're right though, worst case (Darble) is not so bad. 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, I guess. Was hoping for something a bit more central. I've done Big Ground, Kidney Mead, Park home, Dairy., and the slog back up to the latter two can be a bit of a pain in the arse. Ideally I'd like to be somewhere on the North, as close to Williams Green as possible. 

We've been spoiled the last few years as we came in on the Tuesday to CV West and were through the doors and in by 8.15 on the Wednesday morning. Straight across the site to Kidney Mead. Everything has been up assemebled and done by 10am

On the plus side, we've only got a 4 man pop-up tent, not very big, we might be able to squeeze in somewhere. Guess we'll have to see what it's like when we get there. 

You're right though, worst case (Darble) is not so bad. 

Yeah one tent might be fine to squeeze in more central, as you say. I did Darble in 2014 and it was fine, bit of a trek in the mud but generally okay. Bushy I genuinely loved - nice and quiet at night, quite a bit of a space in the campsite, good compost loos. It's a longer walk sure but I don't think it's loads more than dairy really. I used to always camp at Park Home before that and I don't really miss it. That said I prefer a quieter spot these days as I've realised over the years I need a few hours decent kip! 

Good luck, sure you'll find somewhere to squeeze in :) At least you're going Wednesday! 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah one tent might be fine to squeeze in more central, as you say. I did Darble in 2014 and it was fine, bit of a trek in the mud but generally okay. Bushy I genuinely loved - nice and quiet at night, quite a bit of a space in the campsite, good compost loos. It's a longer walk sure but I don't think it's loads more than dairy really. I used to always camp at Park Home before that and I don't really miss it. That said I prefer a quieter spot these days as I've realised over the years I need a few hours decent kip! 

Good luck, sure you'll find somewhere to squeeze in :) At least you're going Wednesday! 

Thanks for the reassurance. Yeah, thnk i'm being a bit of a dick really. After failing to get tickets in October, i'd have taken anything, now i'm moaning about arriving a bit later on the Wednesday. Whinging prick.

thnk it mght be good to camp over that side actually, never done it before. In fact, last year, i didnt even go down towards the JP or silver hayes, not once. Might give me a kick up the arse, stop me getting stuck in a rut.

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Thanks for the reassurance. Yeah, thnk i'm being a bit of a dick really. After failing to get tickets in October, i'd have taken anything, now i'm moaning about arriving a bit later on the Wednesday. Whinging prick.

thnk it mght be good to camp over that side actually, never done it before. In fact, last year, i didnt even go down towards the JP or silver hayes, not once. Might give me a kick up the arse, stop me getting stuck in a rut.

I don't think you're being a dick mate, but I do think when you've come close to not getting a ticket those things like camping spot and (dare I say it) weather have less importance somehow. Since nearly missing out in 2014 and actually missing out in 2016 I do appreciate what I can get more I guess and don't focus so much on having the "perfect" experience.

It definitely encouraged us to go to Silver Hayes more, which I barely did before. We'd sometimes stop in on our way home and see what was what. Also I'm excited to explore the woods by John Peel as that wasn't there my last time.

eFests and Glasto noob here. 

Reading this thread has just jumped my excited levels. Me and my friend are driving up from Oxford early doors and want to be cracking open a few cans late morning while setting up probs in Pennard Hill. Afternoon of bimbling and go from there.

Same as every Wednesday. Leave Manchester at midnight. Meet friends at McDonalds in Street at approx 4am. Get in the queue for 5am. Start drinking. Get angry with people pushing in front upon arrival at snaking queue bit at Gate D. Get camped up by 9:30am (hopefully). Continue drinking. Head out to find food at around midday. Forget to buy food in favour of 8 pints of Brothers festival strength cider. Get told off by the Mrs for getting too drunk too early before being forced into buying food because I "need it". Forget where tent is. Lose wife and friends on the way to toilet. Sit down and have a bit of a moment because I'm a) too drunk and b ) back at Glastonbury. Find friends. Get food (this time because I'm actually hungry). Head back to tent to get more booze (and a jumper). Fall asleep. Wake up at half 8 in the evening with raging hangover. Crack open cider. Head out to the SE corner to see it without all the crowds. Then the rest is anyone's guess.

Queue overnight, get in, tent up. Wander down for a coffee, a pint of cider and a general "It's good to be back", go back to the tent, grab a couple of hours kip, back up and out for the night. Don't speak much, just take everything in whilst getting nicely pickled on the rhubarb and custard vodka I've made.

Stay up to watch the sun rise then feel incredibly awful for a few hours.

Edited by OneLittleFish

Getting the NE from Oxford at 11:20, hopefully arrive at 2:30 and head straight to Darlble. Open a cider, pitch tents, and head off out for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Met some great people in Darble last year, but just to say hello to really. Must try and spend some time with neighbours this year!! 

9 hours ago, HarveyT123 said:

eFests and Glasto noob here. 

Reading this thread has just jumped my excited levels. Me and my friend are driving up from Oxford early doors and want to be cracking open a few cans late morning while setting up probs in Pennard Hill. Afternoon of bimbling and go from there.

A fellow Oxfordian! Welcome!