• The Bends
    • OK Computer
    • Kid A
    • Amnesiac
    • Hail to the Thief
    • In Rainbows
    • The King of Limbs
    • A Moon Shaped Pool
    • Radiohead are garbage, why do they get a poll dedicated to them Placid you muppet?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You would have thought that we would have had a long thread debating this before now...

It's In Rainbows, with OKC and Kid A a very close second and third.

Ahem.... my dissertation survey for the over 35's included this.... however I'm more than happy to see if attitudes have changed! OK Computer all the way though/. Edit: And a Moon Shape Pool hadn't been released.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-VJDJYMQW/

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

You would have thought that we would have had a long thread debating this before now...

It's In Rainbows, with OKC and Kid A a very close second and third.

I think people were content with Radiohead lists popping up on every thread in existence. I felt the need to have it out on its own thread however.

Glad to see OK Computer on top now. Keep it up!

1. OK Computer

2. In Rainbows

3. Kid A

Edited by The Placid Casual

I voted OK Computer. In Rainbows is a good album but id put it behind OK, The Bends and Kid A tbh, for me its overrated, solid all round but nothing that stands out as great. 

Each to their own though, its massively popular so I guess im on the lesser side of this debate. I might actually prefer A Moon Shaped Pool as well but havent fully made my mind up on that as yet. 

4 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Do 16 people actually prefer Pablo Honey to any other Radiohead album or do 16 of you just have awful banter?

Can't work it out.

Neither. I'm aware that I'm going to get castigated for this, but I'll bite.

It's a direct reaction to how blinkered some of the Radiohead obsessives on here can be.. Specifically that they're only willing to acknowledge PH as the worst because it was so long ago - and the fawning over the lesser recent output because they can't bring themselves to accept that it's been nearly 10 years since the band last put out a great album.

7. Pablo Honey
8. AMSP
9. TKOL

You'll hate me for this now. But in 10 to 15 years, you'll agree I was right.

In Rainbows, no contest. 

2. HttT

3. OKC

4. Bends 

---small gap---

5. aMSP (still a touch unsure of the rankings of this one but will see how it ages. As an album it's great, but I don't think I'd ever listen to many of the songs alone.)

6. Kid A

7. Pablo Honey 

---then quite a big gap---

8. Amnesiac 

---then a very big gap---

9. tKoL

Edited by fowls

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Neither. I'm aware that I'm going to get castigated for this, but I'll bite.

It's a direct reaction to how blinkered some of the Radiohead obsessives on here can be.. Specifically that they're only willing to acknowledge PH as the worst because it was so long ago - and the fawning over the lesser recent output because they can't bring themselves to accept that it's been nearly 10 years since the band last put out a great album.

7. Pablo Honey
8. AMSP
9. TKOL

You'll hate me for this now. But in 10 to 15 years, you'll agree I was right.

You put Pablo Honey top so.

We've had 6 years to make our minds up on TKOL...

Difficult one.. I went for OK Computer as I think it's the most iconic album. Cpuld have gone for Kid A for How to completely disappear alone (fav Radiohead track). I listen to the 1st half of the Bends and In Rainbows most frequently though..

Edited by Wilfko