Underground Piano Bar...

Deadendfriends8

10 hours ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Found it last year on the Thursday but it wasn't open yet. Has anyone ever been? If so. Is it actually worth the trek

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I remember exploring for this with 2 friends in 2014. On the Thursday we found what we thought to be the entrance (it was) but it wasn't finished. I was greeted by some Irish guys - still not sure if they were drunk or just had a really strong accent - who kept proclaiming they had no idea what we meant by "secret piano bar". Wandered off fairly confused from that.

Went back on the Saturday night there was a massive queue.

I tell this story and nobody believes me: We had been in the queue about 20 minutes when one of my mates told me to go in one of the portaloos just outside the entrance as "he had seen 3 girls go in and not come out". Definitely thought he was on the wind up but I had enough alcohol in me to give it a go. Opened the door and went in to a woman putting her fingers to her lips and saying "Shhhh, welcome to the secret piano bar". I had a quick look in/wander and then went back out to try and subtly tell my mates but as I came out slipped on my arse as the toilets are on a hill and it had been raining. Caked head to toe in mud :D Went back to my mates and told them the situation. As we went to head in the "secret entrance" there were people locking the doors and saying "Nobody is allowed in this way". So not sure if it's just that the secret got out or it was meant to be an exit, no idea. 

Queued to get back in with my mates and when we got in there were the same Irish guys I had seen on the Thursday on the stage singing Irish songs - DEFINITELY drunk this time!

Very weird place, probably not worth the queue.

NOTE: I take no responsibility if people open portaloo doors on you whilst using the toilet, looking for a secret entrance :ph34r:

This is their thing. They seem to tell lots of people it isn't open yet (including myself) when if fact it is open. I'd assumed it was some kind of test to deter people, but from reading other posts over the years it appears to be part of their dodgy door policy.

And there is definitely a door at the side although when I was there it was an exit.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, musky said:

This is their thing. They seem to tell lots of people it isn't open yet (including myself) when if fact it is open. I'd assumed it was some kind of test to deter people, but from reading other posts over the years it appears to be part of their dodgy door policy.

And there is definitely a door at the side although when I was there it was an exit.

I nearly saw a fight there in 2015.  One of the guys on the door was giving all the 'you can't come in pal' per above, but said it to a REALLY big punter who didn't take kindly to being talked to so sharply.  The door guy backtracked in a split second... !

5 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

It was quite a nice structure (wasn't there an upstairs as well?)

There was an upstairs of sorts when I visited. It was more like a tree-house platform, and quite difficult to climb up to it once you're in the piano bar, *and* quite claustrophobic once you're up there! But technically, yes there is an upstairs (or upladder).

Stupid question but urm...how does one know when they find it (if they find it before the queues do)? Aside from some bloke with an irish accent telling you its closed, obviously.... What does it actually look like from the outside?

Some guy in the rabbit hole told me the secret part of the rabbit hole was closed at 3am or so one friday night. Is that also bullshit? Could well have been a door policy as I think me and the two very nice randoms I'd acquired for the evening were pretty spandangled by that point...

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Stupid question but urm...how does one know when they find it (if they find it before the queues do)? Aside from some bloke with an irish accent telling you its closed, obviously.... What does it actually look like from the outside?

Some guy in the rabbit hole told me the secret part of the rabbit hole was closed at 3am or so one friday night. Is that also bullshit? Could well have been a door policy as I think me and the two very nice randoms I'd acquired for the evening were pretty spandangled by that point...

The entrance is basically a concrete drain pipe into a hill. Obviously it doesn't have a big sign over the top saying secret piano bar but there isn't many places on site with this sort of entrance! To be fair though these days it always has a queue! Your best bet is to go exploring to find it on the Wednesday and Thursday then you know where it is for when it opens. We first found it in 2010 I think quite early on the Thursday but it erm, 'wasn't finished yet' we knew they were building something though so we went back over the weekend to see what was going on. No queues then...

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:
10 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

The entrance is basically a concrete drain pipe into a hill.

Has anyone ever taken a photo of it? Or is it like Area 51 and Chris Rock shows where no photography is allowed? 

Edited by cammie81

10 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

The entrance is basically a concrete drain pipe into a hill. Obviously it doesn't have a big sign over the top saying secret piano bar but there isn't many places on site with this sort of entrance! To be fair though these days it always has a queue! Your best bet is to go exploring to find it on the Wednesday and Thursday then you know where it is for when it opens. We first found it in 2010 I think quite early on the Thursday but it erm, 'wasn't finished yet' we knew they were building something though so we went back over the weekend to see what was going on. No queues then...

Excellent. Yeh, def intend to go on a little search on weds or thurs. I intended to do this last yr tho and got so drunk on JD Honey i forgot until sunday night....ooops

11 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Has anyone ever taken a photo of it? Or is it like Area 51 and Chris Rock shows where no photography is allowed? 

There are photos of the inside about but I don't think you'll find one of the entrance.:)

I went in last year - we queued (for some reason) and then I went in around the back (just looked where people were coming out and snook around). My friend went through the tunnel with the rope, and it was so so slippery - she pulled her arm and only March just gone had a steroid injection in it to try to sort it out lol

It was packed in there, - there was a kind of play going on, we climbed upstairs and there is a wooden seating box above the main area - its tight and cramped

I would imagine it would either be amazing in there or darnright strange - we left as it was getting light - its a one off, and wouldn't do it again but was an experience the once (and got to sit down for a while - when it was super muddy outside )

I remember someone gave away the location last year (tut tut), circling it on the old Glasto Earth map. I tried to get up there last year on the Wednesday night but it was fenced off. Maybe I need to access it via a different route???

Edited by FolkMeRight
spelling

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

There are photos of the inside about but I don't think you'll find one of the entrance.:)

If you want to get a sense of the size of the place, including the infamous drainage pipes, I filmed it being dismantled (along with everything else) when I hung around for a while, a couple of years ago. Arguably spoils the mystery, but if anyone wants a look, its at about 5.40 on this

Found it on the Thursday in 2015. It wasn't finished and a guy came out with a megaphone saying he didn't know a 'secret piano bar' was.

Went back the next night and there was a massive queue.

Though 'sod that'.. so left it.