"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That would involve a change to the license, which would have been public by now.

Oh damn, the Thursday night pyramid headliner was the only way a truly 'really big surprise' could be added as far as I was concerned. If it's not that I guess it's not going to be worth getting excited about. 

And with the stone roses dream dies :(

Did anyone see she posted an Instagram a few weeks back of Bob Dylan at the palladium - dare bt post a screen shot inCase it makes anyone's heart skip a beat - but I don't think she's ever posted anything on there which hasn't turned out to be with the fest eventually and that would be a funny place to start..!

This big 'secret' staying secret probably means they are exclusive else where..... Rod Stewart for legend? Not heard him mentioned anywhere. 

They won't announce the 'secret' Park gigs if they are Gorillaz, Arcade Fire or the like after Radiohead & Pulp slots got them in hot water.  

Opening the Other Stage will probably  be big as it's up against Hacienda Classical. So maybe that? Who's free for that? (please not Liam!!) 

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Yeah I know this actually cos it came to me in a dream last night. Rag and Bone Man opening the Other Stage with Bono and Beth Ditto. Was really really fucking mental too, def gonna pull a big crowd

9 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Id say give emily some credit. Shes not that out of touch she would think elbow would be classed as 'really big and shocking' lol im inclined to believe if its stated like that and its been big enough to keep under wraps that tightly all this time.....its gonna be something pretty huge to the majority 

Where does she say 'shocking' then? I can't remember that being in the article. Really big secret, yes. But that's entirely subjective - having a recent Pyramid sub playing low down the bill, or on The Park as a special set would definitely qualify as a 'really big secret'. She's not saying the act themselves are really big, just that the secret itself is considered to be.

1 hour ago, Razza_bezza said:

Stone roses great shout 

The band are hanging by a thread and by all accounts the gigs this summer are probably the last ever. I think this is unlikely, as every rumour suggests the band have fallen to pieces (again).

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Ed Sheehan bumped down to sub

Radiohead full album OKC including Lift/Man of War etc on Sunday night. 

Definitely. 

To be fair... you could be onto something with the Radiohead thing.

If its something they've kept secret for 6 months plus, that could easily tie in with around the time they would've booked Radiohead

A 'pop pseudonyms' stage, Stefani Germanotta headlining supported by Alecia Moore and Elizabeth Grant. Ella Yellich-O'Connor secret set kept strictly secret for reasons of crowd safety. The twist being that, with signal being so rubbish on site, nobody can google who anybody is. Crackin'.

Edited by Zac Quinn

It won't be the set list of an existing booking. A 'really big' secret speaks to me of an international star, probably a woman to balance things out, and that could be Beyonce (joining Solange?), Swifty (joining Sheeran?), possibly Madonna?

Difficult to know where to place them, though.

2 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

To be fair... you could be onto something with the Radiohead thing.

If its something they've kept secret for 6 months plus, that could easily tie in with around the time they would've booked Radiohead

Radiohead were booked in advance of last year's festival at the latest, given Neil was told end of 2015/2016 that Radiohead were signed on, though it was thought at the time to have been for the 2016 festival given the timing of the info,  not 2017.

Just now, theDandy said:

Will Smith & Jazzy Jeff? If nobody has already mentioned them?

Exclusive at that Blackpool(!?) fest they're doing. I know Glastonbury tends to grab other festivals exclusives all the time but I don't see this one happening (although of course I'd be over the moon if this was it).

It ain't gonna be the Roses - I don't see why they'd want to play and not headline. Notoriously in it for the money which a Glastonbury non-headline slot does not deliver.