SPTFRE

"Really big secret"

"There's a really big one. I haven't even hinted or told anyone it's coming and we've managed to keep it completely quiet for the first time ever."

Next year is not a fallow year?

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Another John Peel secret set which all kinds of exciting things are rumoured for only to turn out to be The Kooks lmao.

Yep, that'll be the one.

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

They've just played her actual interview on 6 Music & she mentions Pink Floyd & Led Zep (and Prince) directly before this 'big secret' so I imagine that puts an immediate end to those two ideas. 

She's bluffing :ph34r:

Well they kept the roses secret for pilton party years ago on the understanding that if news got out they would not play .

Just saying (and praying )

Let's stop pretending. We all know where this is heading...

200.gif

• Upvote 19

4 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

What about some main stages opening on Thursday, twice the music quote and all that

Full 4 day festival with Thursday still having a huge pyramid headliner to be announced would be amazing. Could be why she said 'we're fitting in 2 festivals worth of acts' a while ago. Unlikely really, but I can dream.

PLEASE NOT PHIL, PLEASE NOT PHIL, PLEASE NOT PHIL ....if i keep saying it it wont happen ,, please God not Phill Collins .

Edited by karlpowell
  • Upvote 4

Can you imagine these boards if the final poster comes out.....and the roses are on it. Headlining the other stage or something. Would be an absolute wet dream for many 

Edited by waterfalls212434
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

What about some main stages opening on Thursday, twice the music quote and all that

That would involve a change to the license, which would have been public by now.

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

Van you imagine these boards if the final poster comes out.....and the roses are on it. Headlining the other stage or something. Would be an absolute wet dream for many 

And I'd be one of those many

29 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I still reckon it's a Gorillaz set

No sign of Albarn on the lineup is there? That's unusual in itself. He'll probably have Noel in tow as well.

It's going to be Elbow isn't it. Considered big enough given their previous Pyramid sub basis, and we all know this secret act won't match the hype and level of names being banded about here. 

can't believe they've finally got Prince

could be quite a dull set, however 

EDIT: didn't realise this rubbish joke would go down quite so poorly, apologies if I've caused any offence with this post

Edited by 42hamlet
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 12

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd say so, yes.

Fair enough. I thought I read/ saw something about The Park being extended this year? Assumed this was for Albarn's ego/ talent*.

*delete as applicable

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That would involve a change to the license, which would have been public by now.

Ahh God damn it, I hate it when logic dictates 

Just now, kingbadger said:

It's going to be Elbow isn't it. Considered big enough given their previous Pyramid sub basis, and we all know this secret act won't match the hype and level of names being banded about here. 

Id say give emily some credit. Shes not that out of touch she would think elbow would be classed as 'really big and shocking' lol im inclined to believe if its stated like that and its been big enough to keep under wraps that tightly all this time.....its gonna be something pretty huge to the majority 

4 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Can you imagine these boards if the final poster comes out.....and the roses are on it. Headlining the other stage or something. Would be an absolute wet dream for many 

And our big secret is a washed up band from the 90's.

:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

boring no thank you

• Upvote 1

Whatever happened to that siblings theme Neil?

Arcade Fire do have a nice Glastonbury-sized gap in their tour dates. Back before the headliners were announced someone I know who works in music seemed certain they were playing again this year. Could be total bollocks mind.

2 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

can't believe they've finally got Prince

could be quite a dull set, however 

I can't believe they've finally got 42hamlet to headline the comedy stage 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I can't believe they've finally got 42hamlet to headline the comedy stage 

Shhh, I was supposed to be a secret Thursday night set