"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

30 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

e: the really big secret is probably Corbyn.

If what I was told was correct, the secret is for Sunday, Corbyn is appearing Saturday.

Also, the secret was first being spoken about when it looked like the election would be a Tory landslide. Would he have been appearing if that was the case?

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Would he have been appearing if that was the case?

No, he'd have been doing that entertainingly poor job of hiding while his aides tried to pretend he wasn't right behind that glass door through which we can see him nervously looking.

Those days are gone, King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Spindles said:

No, he'd have been doing that entertainingly poor job of hiding while his aides tried to pretend he wasn't right behind that glass door through which we can see him nervously looking.

Those days are gone, King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world. 

Hmmm. The other day in the HoC was more like the old Mrs-Miggins-Jezza than the new improved version.

I really really hope there's that big change, but we all know Jez has always loved an adoring rally.

Read this on NME yesterday 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/queens-stone-age-secret-glastonbury-reading-leeds-festival-set-2089523%3Fsource%3Ddam

they are reporting a secret set by QOTSA at either glasto or reading/Leeds. 

As the article says, they've got to fly from Canada to the uk for a Sunday (im presuming they'll be JP TBA) gig at glasto, if they are playing. Or they'll play randl the day of their album release.  

Reading and Leeds makes more sense but strange to mention that now all this way in advance? I love them at glasto!

On 2017-6-15 at 1:51 AM, august1 said:

every year people stand hopelessly at the park on a Sunday, only for the crew to pack away its not happening. Although if I were EE I would put something on 1 year for a laugh to continue the cycle of misery for many years to come 

That happened once.

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

If what I was told was correct, the secret is for Sunday.

But what time Sunday? I'm in desperate need of something for the Sunday evening to close and complete my festival as nothing currently on the lineup is my cup of tea. Pretty much any of the rumours mentioned on at around Ed Sheeran time would be perfect.  Any chance of this?

31 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Read this on NME yesterday 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/queens-stone-age-secret-glastonbury-reading-leeds-festival-set-2089523%3Fsource%3Ddam

they are reporting a secret set by QOTSA at either glasto or reading/Leeds. 

As the article says, they've got to fly from Canada to the uk for a Sunday (im presuming they'll be JP TBA) gig at glasto, if they are playing. Or they'll play randl the day of their album release.  

Reading and Leeds makes more sense but strange to mention that now all this way in advance? I love them at glasto!

It isn't Qotsa. 

14 minutes ago, Porcelina said:

They probably aren't big enough for the supposed high flier here but, Fleet Foxes are free on the Sunday. Just released a new album and are headlining Latitude so have contractual issues.

I was just about to post the same! 

Mid day slot would suit them 

50 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

What? Where did that come from??

You've certainly got my attention. Now tell me more!

Apols mate :-)

Total guess as I said. I predicted an un televised Roses set from the start but my predictions always turn to shit. Them being in Glasgow the night before and owing the festival for want of a better word means it's not totally impossible while unlikely.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, Johnny Appleseed said:

Feel I should provide a quick update on the recent announcement of Johnny Depp being booked to introduce many of the films at the cinema stage this year.

I co-own and manage Classique Promotions, a casting and corporarte events agency based in Birmingham and have recently received the following booking request for the Glastonbury weekend...

http://www.classiquepromotions.co.uk/act/johnny-depp-captain-jack-sparrow

Worse still, they've also booked out our other two Depps to give the elusion that his commitment to the cinema stage is so strong, he's willing to put in a 36 hour shift, even when there aren't any movies playing and the cinema is shut for the night. Their request was for the Depps to "..just talk. Dont engage with anyone, but just stand there and, and just talk..." I warned them that during James' (Depp no.2) shift, his knowledge of movies isn't too great so may come a bit unstuck when introducing movies (I mentioned he can juggle to a good standard as an alternative?) but they said they "don't care as they're not going to be mic'd up anyway.."

http://www.classiquepromotions.co.uk/category/lookalikes?page=2

They've also booked 1 Keith Lemon, a Prince William and a Richard Gere to wander around the site as I think celebrity endorsement is high on Emily's agenda and is used as her bench mark for success. So by all means approach them (Steve who plays Prince William is actually a real crack up) but please, don't be fooled. 

Turns out they've booked loads of Depp lookalikes, supposedly to help Johnny go incognito: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/johnny-depp-plans-joining-campers-10637402

7 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Apols mate :-)

Total guess as I said. I predicted an un televised Roses set from the start but my predictions always turn to shit. Them being in Glasgow the night before and owing the festival for want of a better word means it's not totally impossible while unlikely.

To be fair they have played every June for the last 5/6 years around Glastonbury weekend and never played. I was certain they'd be there last year too having done those Etihad shows