"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Has anyone ruled out green day for the Sunday JP slot? 

Rumoured before, BBC made a cock up when foos were announced, available Sunday and not alien to small surprise shows whether it's at a festival or not.

Green day rumour pretty much dead now and couldn't see that happening but who knows. All one can do is speculate

1 minute ago, across97 said:

Rumoured before, BBC made a cock up when foos were announced, available Sunday and not alien to small surprise shows whether it's at a festival or not.

Green day rumour pretty much dead now and couldn't see that happening but who knows. All one can do is speculate

Emily said the "really big one" hadn't got out yet so I would imagine that it isn't them

4 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Emily said the "really big one" hadn't got out yet so I would imagine that it isn't them

Yeah, taking this into consideration it's unlikely. 

Just seen the Brandon Flowers interview and that was quite the giveaway for a killers set I think 

36 minutes ago, across97 said:

Far, far too big for JP. I would be fucking loving that but there's more chance of platting piss than that happening.

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Far, far too big for JP. I would be fucking loving that but there's more chance of platting piss than that happening.

tbh it's no worse than this Killer's rumour that's going about - that would be scary busy JP if true

I was told yesterday that Michael has done an interview with the BBC that is yet to be aired and he is still saying there is a big secret for Sunday. 

Probably just further confirms that Sunday JP is it but at least we know that they weren't talking about Liam. 

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was told yesterday that Michael has done an interview with the BBC that is yet to be aired and he is still saying there is a big secret for Sunday. 

Probably just further confirms that Sunday JP is it but at least we know that they weren't talking about Liam. 

Increasingly confident it's The Killers:

1. Unprompted on days, Flowers said that they're in Athens the 'day before'. Why would you say that if your mind didn't immediately jump to Sunday (a day we know there's a prominent TBA). Also would be quite odd not to rule it out if they weren't playing anyway

2. BST exclusivity agreement meaning they couldn't be announced (health and safety argument here too)

3. Shown on BBC over Chic, Haim etc  - definitely a big enough act to justify that. Also think they were labelled 'very special guests'

4. Maccabees being ruled out of that slot and Neil implying Gorillaz are somewhere smaller leaves it open for them 

5. Fits with the 'big secret' - previous headliner, huge name, very much possible that it could've been in the pipeline for 6 months. And now you say Eavis is confirming there's a big secret Sunday, matching 1, 3 and 4

Edited by Mattd1205
  • Upvote 1

I am not convinced he is referring to the JP TBA. It would be far too dangerous, now he has built up expectation that its something big, the stage couldnt cope, and there would be people cramming to get inside. There will be tens of thousands of people piling from the Pyramid to JP after Barry Gibb. The top of the Pyramid is a real pinch point anyway, especially after the Sunday tea time slot. It would be a H&S nightmare, especially because there is only 15 minutes between Gibb and the TBA

I think, as he has built it up so much as a Big Secret, that it will something on the Pyramid. My money is still on take That joining Barry Gibb or playing after Gibb for a few songs

Edited by dingbat2

Is it just people on this forum that are still doing this? I assume the general public just think  it was Liam G all along?

My point being that the organisers may have created a monster here. If everyone thinks that Gorrilaz or Kasabian are going to play in the JP it will create havoc and chaos potentially, even if they restrict access, it will cause unneeded congestion.

If the TBA is just going to be some like The Coral (who I would enjoy btw) I think they should announce to stop the hassle.