"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

yeah but we already know it's going to be a disappointment and to the normal non efest majority it's a big deal, they'd still eat up seeing Justin Bieber

I honestly don't think it will be a disappointment. I honestly think there's a reason Barry Gibb hasn't been announced for the legends slot as they've booked someone else 

I think your all over thinking it... It's in the JP stage so it's not gonna be a massive band overwise its gonna be a nightmare lol ol.. So it's got to be a small band a favorite of Mr Es maybe.... I'm still amazed it is a secret.. 

Maybe the secret is just that a secret.. Nothing.. 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I think your all over thinking it... It's in the JP stage so it's not gonna be a massive band overwise its gonna be a nightmare lol ol.. So it's got to be a small band a favorite of Mr Es maybe.... I'm still amazed it is a secret.. 

when did we hear it was something to do with John Peel stage?

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

But if it's that small a band how can it be a big secret? :huh:

Unless it's...

mini-rockerz-the-dome-42-at-tui-arena-ha

16 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

when did we hear it was something to do with John Peel stage?

Guy 'knows'. 

However, Emily said 'secrets' and said a 'couple' were still to come.

I think the 5pm JP one is a secret but not the big secret.

The good thing is we will have a pretty good idea very soon!

Edited by Nobody Interesting

Obviously not THE "big" secret but I could see Wolf Alice doing a secret set at some point over the weekend. Seems like their new album's done as they've been sending out postcards to people on the mailing list with song titles & lyrics on and they seem to be festival favourites having played 4 times in the last 3 years.

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Celine Dion needs a blast on the old Legend Slot or even another higher spot on the bill. Ridiculously good voice. I reckon she'd go down a treat on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Come at me bruh

Celine Dion isn't the first troublesome thing to come out of Canada, let us not forget Bryan Adams 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Guy 'knows'. 

However, Emily said 'secrets' and said a 'couple' were still to come.

I think the 5pm JP one is a secret but not the big secret.

The good thing is we will have a pretty good idea very soon!

I think you will find that Dee had the info first.. 

She's all of ours eyes and ears.... 

But the water I see it is that it's not gonna be say pearl jam playing the JP stage at 5..

If anyone remembers trying to get to the park when that idiot pulp bloke was on it was a nightmare.. Well if it was a massive band on the JP stage it would be worse imo... 

Personally I do think any of you should bother going to see what is happening cos it's going to be lame and boring and nothing happening.. Unless the levellers are playing.. 

No I don't think they are but wouldn't that be great... Now I know they and Mr E fell out a few years back ............ Someone on here said so.............. But Mark is doing some solo stuff and the levellers were a big part of Glastonbury going back.. A bit like that whining geezer Billy brag and bands like HAWKWIND ect.. 

It's just a thought.. 

Mr E is collecting a friend to be at the JP stage for 5... To play or to watch...... Who knows.. Mr E does 

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

But the water I see it is that it's not gonna be say pearl jam playing the JP stage at 5..

If anyone remembers trying to get to the park when that idiot pulp bloke was on it was a nightmare.. Well if it was a massive band on the JP stage it would be worse imo... 

Personally I do think any of you should bother going to see what is happening cos it's going to be lame and boring and nothing happening.. Unless the levellers are playing.. 

No I don't think they are but wouldn't that be great... Now I know they and Mr E fell out a few years back ............ Someone on here said so.............. But Mark is doing some solo stuff and the levellers were a big part of Glastonbury going back.. A bit like that whining geezer Billy brag and bands like HAWKWIND ect.. 

It's just a thought.. 

Mr E is collecting a friend to be at the JP stage for 5... To play or to watch...... Who knows.. Mr E does 

so what do you know old son ? ...... "water torture "

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Florence isn't subbing Glastonbury after she headlined two years ago. She'll return to headline under better circumstances in '19 or '20 I reckon.

Yeah i think your probably right. I just thought she's a friend of the festival and would certainly constitute a big secret

So far the only big secret this year is the "secret resale" hasn't happened and is looking less likely to do so.,..

Big secret - "Very Bazaar" happening next year, would be nice as need something to cheer 2018 up...

32 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Yeah i think your probably right. I just thought she's a friend of the festival and would certainly constitute a big secret

More chance of her being a secret on the Park than actually being announced beforehand.

Wouldn't stun me if she came out with Dave to do Times Like These. 

2 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Celine Dion isn't the first troublesome thing to come out of Canada, let us not forget Bryan Adams 

Unfortunately we're also responsible for nickleback and Justin beiber . 

The amount of good music in Canada is amazing but it seems relatively unknown on the world stage. Luckily we can claim Leonard Cohen.

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

It's just a thought.. 

You're not fooling anyone.

First we get the excited "It's happening" post and now you're saying that none of us should turn up to the JP.

It's Pearl Jam isn't it? ;)

• Upvote 1