"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

37 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

The issue I have with the two stages side-by-side is that when near the front (if you are in front of the stage without a band on at the time) you can hear the sound check whilst the other band is playing on the other. I don't really see the benefit of it tbh, it's not like the change over takes that long on a single stage is it?

I assume you would have to soundcheck through the first song a la Prince? I think it is a really interesting idea - it would also cut down the horrendous movement between Pyramid and Other that can be so crushy maybe. Food vendors etc would lose out too.

The two stage thing only really works at smaller festivals where there may only be one or two stages and you have people standing around for ages between acts with nothing better to do. There's certainly no requirement for it at GF.

besides, I like a little break between acts, gives me time to go the bar/toilet/get food/etc.

No need for the two stage solution, as others have pointed out. It isn't too often that there are two acts, one after the other on the same stage that I want to see. and where it is, that's my toilet and drink time.

I would be nice to see the time between sub and headliner reduced though, always seems ages!

3 minutes ago, Davet84 said:

surely if you were going to do the b2b bands you would have another stage at the back of the pyramid field, then everyone at the back for band1 is at the front for band2. Woah head fuck!

Seem to remember that at Tribal Gathering back in the day. It was great entertainment to point out to those that were especially spangled that they were now facing the wrong way.

• Upvote 1

Top Secret rumor list:

1) New stage - to be revealed on an updated map with announcement soon

2) Legend - Abba? Disco collaboration? Elton John? 

3) Big sub headliner - ???

4) Secret set appearance - Liam? Gorrilaz?

9) Pablo Honey

35 minutes ago, Davet84 said:

surely if you were going to do the b2b bands you would have another stage at the back of the pyramid field, then everyone at the back for band1 is at the front for band2. Woah head fuck!

As alluded to previously, this is the current setup for Pitchfork Paris; but there's only 2 stages. So zero down time. Has it's pros and cons. You'd have to find a flatter field than the Pyramid though :lol:

16 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Someone suggested Dave would do a bit of a Nirvana tribute with holograms of Kurt and Krist Novoselic

I'd rather they chucked on Nirvana 1992 reading set on big screens and blasted it out at Pyramid than watch the Foos being entirely honest! 

That said I am looking forward to the Foos

• Downvote 1