"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

6 hours ago, billum said:

Maybe there genuinely is a whole new area with a stage that can take significant bands - this is part of how they're putting on twice as many acts as normal, in EE's words

given that the poster had a normal amount of acts, and every single area announced so far has about the normal amount of acts as previous years, the only way they're going to have twice as many is if there's dozens of stages still to be announced. and as that that would cost twice as much, and we have absolutely no indication of anything significant extra so far, is unlikely at this stage.

Emily's "twice as many bands" is clearly just PR hype bollocks, in fairness.

we might get a handful of unkonwn bands/DJs playing small tents in the new Saxon Market area, but that's about it I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

It'll just be what they've got on their website. 

Emeli Sande's website has a default date of 21/06 for Glastonbury. It also has her down to play V Festival at Chelmsford twice, on the same day, and not Stafford. I don't think they'd piss off alt-J or Emeli fans with Thursday coach tickets by pulling that.

11 minutes ago, he_knows_it_all said:

Might be that they are just adding "bonus" days with limited music. View attached.

Screen shot 2017-05-24 at 3.32.14 PM.png

Wouldn't they have to have their license altered to permit 'loud' music on the Weds and Thurs, I thought that their licence only permitted lower levels of noise on those days, and wouldn't we be aware if the license was changed?

3 minutes ago, danegg said:

Haven't been able to get on here for a little while, but it's quite nice (in a way) to see I haven't missed anything. Seemingly we're all none the wiser about what this big reveal is...

Haven't missed anything??? Just go back 100 pages and you'll see you're right, you've missed nothing.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

as it's news outta Pilton - and in all the years I've been running efests it's been by-far the worst place for accurate info - my take is that it's likely to be wrong.

So where is the best place to get info from then ?