"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

If the rumour really is Harry Styles like I've just seen on Facebook then I can't see why Emily said it was such a big secret. It's not going to go down with the general Glasto punter and it's well below the already massive Katy Perry left-field surprise. Probably an Other stage opener at this rate, or maybe Jamiroquai is headlining the WH on the Sunday afterall. Or Will Smith. Wish they'd just let us knoowwwwwwwwwww

15 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

If the rumour really is Harry Styles like I've just seen on Facebook then I can't see why Emily said it was such a big secret. It's not going to go down with the general Glasto punter and it's well below the already massive Katy Perry left-field surprise. Probably an Other stage opener at this rate, or maybe Jamiroquai is headlining the WH on the Sunday afterall. Or Will Smith. Wish they'd just let us knoowwwwwwwwwww

I'd be a bit shocked and disappointed if it was Harry Styles. The Glastonbury bookers traditionally don't place much stock in anything from a manafactured background, and he's only had a couple of singles since leaving 1D, so for Emily to class Harry Styles as a big secret, and to assume your typical Glastonbury goer would agree would be very odd to me.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

If it is Gallagher or Styles they would have been better off just saying nothing and then putting it on the poster. That way they would build people up to dissapoint them. 

They go from potentially having a load of people happy of the additional acts they didnt see coming to instead havibg a load of dissapointed pu ters because it didnt live up to the lofty heights. 

I thibk both may play but cant see how either is huge. One is a manufactered boy band member that whilst has some mainstream appeal is a dime a dozen and not exactly the heights of popularity among the festivals crowd (albeit therell be enough people there who will like him) and the others a dude who hasnt got any music out and riding past glories who is playing another festival two months later thats already announced. 

Neither are hardly HUGE news that will get everyone stoked. Theyll make decent editions to the line-up for their fanbases but both would be underwhelming if they are the big secret act. 

• Upvote 2

Brian Wilson.

Pet Sounds tour has been extended by popular demand and Europe leg starts 29th June in Denmark. Plenty of time in his schedule for a trip to the farm.

Oh, and he's playing the Glastonbury Extravaganza in August. It's quite common for the Extravaganza headliner to play the fest too.

JP might be a bit small so I still have some doubt.

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Brian Wilson.

Pet Sounds tour has been extended by popular demand and Europe leg starts 29th June in Denmark. Plenty of time in his schedule for a trip to the farm.

Oh, and he's playing the Glastonbury Extravaganza in August. It's quite common for the Extravaganza headliner to play the fest too.

JP might be a bit small so I still have some doubt.

Does the extravaganza headliner ever play the festival as well? Ray Davies didn't 2 years ago and neither did van Morrison last year, I'm sure someone will be on in a minute to tell me every other year has, but I'd have thought headlining the extravaganza would completely rule him out.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Someday you will find me, caught beneath a landslide, of people chasing a wheel of cheese down a hill.

Sorry to be the one that points out that's in Gloucestershire not Somerset but I'm going to give you an up vote anyway

13 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Does the extravaganza headliner ever play the festival as well? Ray Davies didn't 2 years ago and neither did van Morrison last year, I'm sure someone will be on in a minute to tell me every other year has, but I'd have thought headlining the extravaganza would completely rule him out.

But Robert Plant did in 2014 right?

5 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

dunno if anyone suggested it, but what about Florence and the Machine for a secret slot.

big name, friends of the festival, Florence is usually on-site as a punter when not playing elsewhere.

probably not Sunday 5pm in JP, but Friday at The Park perhaps?

i was thinking it could be Florence, another that popped into mind (not to eveybodys taste) but maybe Ellie Goulding - in Europe week before and after Glasto :huh: and this then led me to Calvin Harris which would be huge!

9 minutes ago, MrNash84 said:

i was thinking it could be Florence, another that popped into mind (not to eveybodys taste) but maybe Ellie Goulding - in Europe week before and after Glasto :huh: and this then led me to Calvin Harris which would be huge!

Florence headlined in 2015 and Ellie Goulding played on the Pyramid last year.  I don't think either will be there.  

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Status Quo and Van Morrison have played both in the same year I think (Van Morrison has played the Extravagansa more than once. Maybe also Steve Harley.

If it is LG it doesn't mean he is the huge secret ,just another name that's going to be added to poster as status quo well might be ,albeit an acoustic slot as that's what they are doing nowadays .

Still hoping for cat stevens myself 

23 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Status Quo and Van Morrison have played both in the same year I think (Van Morrison has played the Extravagansa more than once. Maybe also Steve Harley.

Bryan Ferry too, subsequent years IIRC.

I suspect there is some kind of two-gig deal that applies.

It's notable that the Beach Boys are on tour too. Perhaps  Brian Wilson - Mike Love reunion is on the cards?

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It's notable that the Beach Boys are on tour too. Perhaps  Brian Wilson - Mike Love reunion is on the cards?

Yep, I'm not the biggest BB fanboy in the world, but that reunion would definitely take the Secretometer needle into the part of the scale marked 'Huge'

1 hour ago, MrNash84 said:

I would happily take Calvin Harris. He is at least other headliner status though. 

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Yep, I'm not the biggest BB fanboy in the world, but that reunion would definitely take the Secretometer needle into the part of the scale marked 'Huge'

I don't think any Beach Boys fan gives a fuck about what Mike Love is up to. No reunion thanks.