"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Dont really think that fits the definition of the 'massive suprise' being spoke of nor the band or the booking. Itd be just meh.....

Yeah as priest says above, you're letting your view of the band cloud your judgment. If they'd booked a previous headliner, on the sly, to open the Other, it'd be massive. Especially as they're still a headline size act at the moment. 

And of course Emily (as she should) would describe it as a big deal. 

I think it's far more likely to be something along those lines than some of the more fanciful stuff suggested on here. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Hang on, people think Kasabian isn't a big surprise?! Whether we like them or not a headlining band appearing on the lineup and not headlining is a big deal. 

Lots of Pyramid headliners have returned to lesser slots. I know Kasabian are still festival headliners (doesn't mean too much in itself as many bands are), and granted it would be a big deal if they, say, opened the Other Stage, ultimately they are festival regulars and it would be just another festival performance, albeit much earlier than usual. 

Edited by henry bear

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

I just think it's Kasabian opening Other stage on Friday.

Would love a secret all day Thursday or even half day line up though like TitP used to do (on their Fridays).

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Kasabian opening the Other would fit the criteria, I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case. 

Opening Other Friday would be way more likely than them being a sub to come, they have played low at stuff like Big Weekend and they love the fest so to open it up is possible. Tom would have a field day not shutting up about being picked to open Glasto.

As much as I'd love to see kasabian  on the farm (clashing with hacienda classical would though be a tragedy!) I just can't see it being on the Other stage for reasons of crowd size.  The Friday morning of the last two years have been rammed, especially last year, so putting one of the biggest & popular bands in the country on t'other would make it a lot worse with the crowd going back past the walk way and into the tents at Oxylers. 

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just been told by close friend of ME that the secret will be in the John Peel Sunday at 5pm. But ME said he'd been sworn to secrecy saying anything about what it is.

Sorry if this is already out there.

oooohhhh

16 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just been told by close friend of ME that the secret will be in the John Peel Sunday at 5pm. But ME said he'd been sworn to secrecy saying anything about what it is.

Sorry if this is already out there.

This is...interesting. Not doubting what you're saying but would be an odd move for them to have a special guest slot in a much more crammed space than the Park Stage. 

So, who would benefit from a tent rather than an open air stage but is still big enough to be a special secret; special secret that is (presumably) going to be announced beforehand?   But not that big that there wouldn't be serious overcrowding issues.  I genuinely can't think of anyone.  

Edited by mandolin

4 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

As much as I'd love to see kasabian  on the farm (clashing with hacienda classical would though be a tragedy!) I just can't see it being on the Other stage for reasons of crowd size.  The Friday morning of the last two years have been rammed, especially last year, so putting one of the biggest & popular bands in the country on t'other would make it a lot worse with the crowd going back past the walk way and into the tents at Oxylers. 

I personally don't see the crowd being an issue, the festival will be in full swing at that moment with plenty of stuff on all the other stages. I for one have never made it up for the Friday opener, I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat who don't make it out until mid afternoon. Granted it would be busy, but I don't see it being anymore busy than it would for any Other stage headliner.

3 minutes ago, mandolin said:

So, who would benefit from a tent rather than an open air stage but is still big enough to be a special secret?  But not that big that there wouldn't be serious overcrowding issues.  I genuinely can't think of anyone.  

I guess it depends on when they plan to announce it. If they never announce it and it just happens then it could still be somebody big. Assuming this information is genuine but was never meant to be leaked if nobody knew it was 5pm in the JPT then the overcrowding may not come into it.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess it depends on when they plan to announce it. If they never announce it and it just happens then it could still be somebody big. Assuming this information is genuine but was never meant to be leaked if nobody knew it was 5pm in the JPT then the overcrowding may not come into it.

But Emily herself mentioned it, so if it isn't announced before the festival starts then any TBA anywhere would be rammed surely?

13 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

This is...interesting. Not doubting what you're saying but would be an odd move for them to have a special guest slot in a much more crammed space than the Park Stage. 

ME is picking him up at 4.45 and taking him down there...make of it what you will

Just now, mandolin said:

But Emily herself mentioned it, so if it isn't announced before the festival starts then any TBA anywhere would be rammed surely?

No way I'd be missing #rightbazza on the off chance something might be happening on JP, especially if it "might" be Serge and The Lads. 

Surely Liam init, big enough for a big secret, small enough for a tent. I'd be well up for that, not exactly a huge secret anyhow.

And the crowd go mild.

Though, this doesn't explain that promoter guy posting a pic of the pyramid and saying the secret was 'huge', but hey who knows.

Edited by FrancisH

So, if I was to stand at the back of the pyramid field for Bazza how long would it take me to peg it to JP in the new location if it was MO?  Barry Gibb was one of only two must sees for me but I'm not sure I could resist the urge to see her.  

Actually, thinking about it, if she were talking wouldn't she be in a bigger space?  I'm sure the number of people wanting to see her would be ginormous.