"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Quite frankly, if it's anyone other than Michael Jackson, in a scenario where he faked his death purely to end up as a Glastonbury surprise act in 2017 where he would be lowered onto the stage by doves to do a duet with Diana Ross then it will be an anti-climax.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto
  • Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Quite frankly, if it's anyone other than Michael Jackson, in a scenario where he faked his death purely to end up as a Glastonbury surprise act in 2017 where he would be lowered onto the stage by doves to do a duet with Diana Ross then it will be an anti-climax.

I think folk would be disappointed that it was real life Jacko and not a hologram.

17 minutes ago, swede said:

The last few years, def since 2014 the legend has got their own announcement way before the first line-up drop. Dolly, Lionel and ELO all had their own announcements. So if Barry Gibb, one of the Bee Gees ! doesn't get his own announcement then its safe to assume it might not be him.

As for The National subbing. I think Emily has been clever in giving hints as to what slots the big secrets could be for. She was very quick in that interview a few weeks back to say The XX were subbing Radiohead and Biffy subbing Ed, why not then tell us that The National were subbing FF's in the very same interview ?

People are literally making that up about The xx. Emily did an interview with an NME reporter. Following that interview she was quoted as saying Biffy were subbing Sheeran, as you say, but never about The xx.

That same reporter published stories on both The xx and The National since having that interview with Emily, and used a footnote in each article to reveal they are subbing Radiohead and Foos, respectively.

So we have just as much confirmation on The National subbing as we do The xx.

This, coupled with the way they're laid out on the poster, means that in my mind The xx, The National and Biffy Clyro are 99% likely to be our three subs, in that order.

Edited by Will-2609

11 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

This. 

If this doesn't happen, I want a refund. :lol:

17 minutes ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Yeah i'd like to see that aswell.. They have not played glasto before have they? and in 2014 they did say they'd love to play glastonbury.... Daily star 2014 

Vocalist Chester Bennington, 38, told me: "I would love to play Glastonbury.

"It's an interesting festival and the fact Metallica are playing is a huge step.

Unfortunately I love Hybrid Theory and the band or Chester seems to dislike playing that album 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Are the Guardian not potentially just making the same assumption that we seemingly all have?

Possibly....but he's such an obvious fit to do it* that practically any other suggestion isn't as likely.  Elton and Diana Ross are the only possibilities of the same sort of stature and they've both got gigs elsewhere.  It's not going to be 50% of The Beatles doing Sgt Pepper.

*On paper, the nick of the #GibbPipes notwithstanding

The problem with this thread is that when/if something is announced it won't  be what people were expecting and hence people will dismiss it as the big secret (I doubt they will announce it as 'the big secret'). This thread will keep going til the festival is over and we will still be pondering what this big secret was.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

The problem with this thread is that when/if something is announced it won't  be what people were expecting and hence people will dismiss it as the big secret (I doubt they will announce it as 'the big secret'). This thread will keep going til the festival is over and we will still be pondering what this big secret was.

And in years to come the penny will drop and we'll collectively conclude that Led Zeppelin subbing Ed Sheeran was, perhaps, the big secret after all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

And in years to come the penny will drop and we'll collectively conclude that Led Zeppelin subbing Ed Sheeran was, perhaps, the big secret after all.

One can dream, but it'll be more like Elbow or Liam Gallagher and we will be like nah that's not big enough to be the big secret

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

One can dream, but it'll be more like Elbow or Liam Gallagher and we will be like nah that's not big enough to be the big secret

I'm fully expecting it to be something underwhelming! 

Disclaimer: my mention of Led Zeppelin above was meant to be flippant

Edited by henry bear

34 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

The big secret is... there is no secret.

Shyamalan.jpg