"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

6 hours ago, rubenz said:

It was a rave track with them reading out the name of Northern Towns with crow noises etc 

He description of that track alone is pretty amazing tbf

7 hours ago, Woffy said:

Read '17' by Bill Drummond. Waterstones in Lima has a copy. ;-)

Haha! It's ok...home in a week. Maybe I'll ask for it for me birthday

6 hours ago, Franky said:

The KLF zone ! 

You don't have to be crazy to be into them but it definitely helps by the looks of things ;-)

Obomba did more bombing than Bush yet seems to get a pass on it from many whereas Bush didn't. They were bith likely puppets to a massive degree in terms of having a hand in wars but Obomba came in promising sonewhat of a change and was really just the status quo. 

Im sure a lot would have been due to red tape and being blocked in changes but by his second term he just looked like the typical yes man to the corps and media. 

Still he holds a record for being the only nobel peace prize winner to bomb another nobel peace prize win er and also incarcerate another nobel peace prize winner so thats something. 

1 hour ago, windy_miller said:

Its quite easy to miss, but Bill Drummond fires a real machine gun loaded with blanks into the audience at the end.  He got in a fuck load of trouble for it.

I had never heard of KLF before this. I think I'll pass.

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

Obomba did more bombing than Bush yet seems to get a pass on it from many whereas Bush didn't. They were bith likely puppets to a massive degree in terms of having a hand in wars but Obomba came in promising sonewhat of a change and was really just the status quo. 

Im sure a lot would have been due to red tape and being blocked in changes but by his second term he just looked like the typical yes man to the corps and media. 

Still he holds a record for being the only nobel peace prize winner to bomb another nobel peace prize win er and also incarcerate another nobel peace prize winner so thats something. 

that was exactly what pissed me off about the reaction to the man, he actually was more militaristic then bush and that must have taken some doing considering what went on during bush`s reign. im sorry you can do whatever the fuck you care to in your own country but if your the head of a nation who are using fucking robots controlled by some kid (whose more then likely never even seen the country hes controlling the sodding drone in) to bomb some afghan village and kill many innocent people because you `claim` there might be a terrorist hiding there.......you can go fuck yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, rubenz said:

I remember playing its grim up north a lot when I was a kid as it was on a copy of Now 20 that I had. Sandwiched between Go by Moby and PM Dawn.

It was a rave track with them reading out the name of Northern Towns with crow noises etc 

That's brilliant. Love the fact it's just raining constantly in the video.

Right, Ive just found at that there's a secret warm up gig for the great escape  in a club down the road from me later, a new 'supergroup' featuring klaxons singer and gorillaz guitarist. There'll only be about 40/50 people there tops so I'll do my bloody best to collar the gorillaz guy and ask about Glasto. It's 2 jagerbombs for a fiver so I'll try bribe him with alcohol :D

edit: turns out he's Liam Gs guitarist Too so hopefully we can kill off 3/4 of this thread in one go. 

Edited by Bonaneas
  • Upvote 6

It'd be really weird if it was an area or something, she seemed really proud that she'd kept it a secret unlike previous years, no ones leaking news or starting rumours about areas so why would she be proud? I might be wrong but it doesn't strike me as a secret, just something we don't know exists if its a new area/change to area.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The more I hear about secrecy on the site and the changes to the market not quite adding up (The Meal Machine was not in Saxon Market or next to Spaceport), the more I'm starting to think the big secret is something they're building rather than someone who is playing.

But really, gawd knows!

Here's the article about the new area so not a big secret really and I think this will be taking the place of the markets being moved between other and silver haynes 

as it adds up tbh

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-2017-new-area-bristol-63768

we also know love bullets moving to the glade area moves traders there too

Emily advised big secret that's been held for 6 months, so neither of the above hit that criteria 

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Here's the article about the new area so not a big secret really and I think this will be taking the place of the markets being moved between other and silver haynes 

as it adds up tbh

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-2017-new-area-bristol-63768

we also know love bullets moving to the glade area moves traders there too

Emily advised big secret that's been held for 6 months, so neither of the above hit that criteria 

So I'm thinking it's something else. Not Saxon Markets, not Lovebullets and not Carmageddon.  Or at least if it is related to those, then there's quite a bit we don't know.

Actually, it's quite possible the secret is Saxon Market, since that article contains next to no information and certainly doesn't sound like an area as big as the left of Other almost all the way to The Beat Hotel. We don't know what's going to be in that area, or how large it's going to be.  The Somerset live article contains enough unknowns to hide a massive secret.

But you're probably right though.  Grasping at straws really. Increased secrecy on site is interesting though.

What if it's a new area with a fairly big stage and a whole lineup is yet tba for it? So it's not one massive act, but a whole lineup of smaller/mid sized stuff? Or have I completely lost it? Might tie in to the "two years worth of bands" comment, although we all acknowledge that is probably just promoter speak.

• Upvote 2