"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm guessing that they'll have arrangements in place for tourdates that guests can't make e.g. some hired hand rapper to take the place of De La Soul, Del TFHS, etc.

For Damon's set at latitude he had Kano for Clint Eastwood I believe, could see it happening again

45 minutes ago, paddyclark said:

More in hope than anything other than a glastonbury shaped hole and previous ramblings re playing the festival.

Jean Michel Jarre

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm someone suggested this could happen at The Park with the Phillip Glass lasers.

I'm in!

I said this on about page 20 I reckon, along with everyone else I have mentioned lol :)

I would love this ! Almost as much as the KLF

Edited by Franky

Id put Elbow, Gorrilaz, Kylie all in the scope of could be on the next poster anyway, so no big secret or suprise. Even Gaga really, but I can't think she is the scret after all the talk about her thats been publicised, Emily said noone had guessed so that doesn't stack up.

I'm keeping expectations high, so am looking for the legends slot to bump Gibb off to acoustic or avalon and I want a straight run of Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band performed by Macca, Ringo, Noel and Liam followed by a half hour mixed set of Beatles and Oasis best loved anthems. 

That be ok? :lol:

As it's been suggested in here that the 'big secret' might be REM, I thought I'd just mention there's an hour's special on 6music this sunday from 1-2pm, of an interview with Stipe & Mills. You never know, there might be a clue or two.

There's some preview clips here:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0533hdy

I'm not sure that I dig that hobo look.

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

I was the secret London show in march and they played the new album in full with Most of it being unheard and everyone had a blast. I think the 2010 slot was so long ago it's unfair to judge them based on that and if they are the secret, whilst I'm not too fussed as seeing them at their own festival, it'll be a fun set

I was at that gig as well, it was brilliant and I hated when they played in 2010.

The new album has a lot more energy, which was lacking in 2010

If it is Gorillaz we need to remember that they'd only have an hour and a quarter tops for their set, this should mean a much leaner set than 2010.

If they brought the big guns to a shorter set - Eastwood, Dare, Stylo, Feel Good Inc, 19/2000 and the new singles then it could be great.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What makes you so sure it isn't Liam Gallagher or Elbow?

I could see Elbow been one of the Park guests but not the 'big secret' she's referring to. They play Glastonbury every few years anyway, she'd be setting up for a huge anticlimax if it is them

Liam I guess can't be ruled out

37 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Hans Zimmer on the sunday? Would be epic

Took Mrs Moth to see his show last month, absolutely incredible. Had his core musicians but most of the back lines and the whole of the choir were local. On the basis it's not a whole orchestra travelling round... feasible if a bit tricky with European dates either side.