"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

2 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

I'm sure its probably been suggested and debunked already but my feeling is that it'll be a thursday headliner. 

Never know, maybe kendrick lamar?? 

tears of joy would be cried but its a loooooong shot 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Only if he plays on a stage that can't be heard above any other stage.

Even though i whole heartedly disagree, this did tickle me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, McCor said:

I'm a bit lost on the love for Kendrick. Where should I start listening?

Good kid, m.A.A.d city is probably the easiest to get into with bangers like Money Trees or Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe and a fascinating, detailed storyline. Then there is To Pimp A Butterfly which is very jazzy while dealing with hard hitting topics. For me the best rap album I've ever heard. DAMN is a lot more basic than TPAB but amazing in it's own right. DNA is the tune of the year so far! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, McCor said:

I'm a bit lost on the love for Kendrick. Where should I start listening?

Depends on what you like. Good Kid Maad City is a great west coast hiphop album, got a really good concept running through it. To Pimp a Butterfly is more jazzy and less "pop" hiphop, also has a cool concept. untitled unmastered is a bunch of b-sides from that.

section .80 is an early tape, sort of more generic but possibly just seems that way because it doesn't have so strong a theme throughout. 

Damn is also really good, got a great theme and the songs work well individually too

after all that, GKMC is probably the easiest one to get into for most people

so (apologies if its been called already, tried to keep up with the 96 pages - top effort!), with the Pilton Pilais being announced today it has got me thinking is the huge secret a big film premier at the Cineramageddon?

you think they would want something big to mark the opening of a new area and what would be better than UK premier of say Spider Man, Thor, War of Planet of the Apes, Blade Runner, Pirates of the Caribbean (all out in Summer). Through in a actor/actress appearance and that would be quite big.

Personally still hoping its Obama :D

Also gorillaz are taking lower than headline slots at some festivals

they are in America.. but if we are missing a sub I could see it being them tagged as a surprise

I reckon their last set means nothing in regards to them playing again

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Yellow Chicken said:

I'll lay it out for you then. 

News from the hen house is Gorillaz.

I wouldn't call gorillaz 'huge' or really 'big' though.... New album's pants as well. 

*In before a 'gorillas are big. The largest of all the primates.' Style comment :D

Edited by Bonaneas

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also gorillaz are taking lower than headline slots at some festivals

they are in America.. but if we are missing a sub I could see it being them tagged as a surprise

I reckon their last set means nothing in regards to them playing again

Possibly that even makes them more likely in terms of them wanting to ~come back and make it better than last time~? I've read somewhere that Damon was quite self-concious about their Glasto appearence and the set at Roskilde a week after looked a lot better. 

Edited by rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Really hope its not them....never got it....I mean what is it really? a cartoon? with a generic band playing in front of meant to be looking like they care? No thanks give us a real act...Maybe gorilliaz could play the palais lol

I mean...really? Full band hand selected by Damon Albarn, complete with string section, brass section and backing choir and a number of special guests. Backed by visuals from a hugely popular and successful artist. A much bigger production than a lot of other acts on the bill. Pyramid included.

Like the music they make or not, thats  matter of opinion but to call them not real is just ignorance. 

Edited by mf_2005
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Really hope its not them....never got it....I mean what is it really? a cartoon? with a generic band playing in front of meant to be looking like they care? No thanks give us a real act...Maybe gorilliaz could play the palais lol

You know that the records aren't made by cartoons don't you?

• Upvote 2