"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

57 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

on another note , I see the latest they are allowed to sell Alcohol is 05:00  in the south east corner ... except staff bars which are 24 hour.... needs a staff band

Out of curiosity - what time do they start selling alcohol again? Not that it really affects me as I've only made it past 5am on a handful of occasions, by which point I definitely don't need any more alcohol!

36 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I'm sticking my neck out and saying Stone Roses

I just can't see it, can't see where they'd fit in as well

They aren't subbing Foo Fighters (in Scotland that day and wouldn't sub anyway), there could be deaths if they went on Park and whilst they might be starting to get on a little bit.. they aren't legends slot material..

Edited by mufcok

32 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I'm sticking my neck out and saying Stone Roses

Playing Hampden Park on the Saturday, would all be rigged and geared up days prior to that too.
That's a long old drive for the gear. Unless it was a park stage gig with minimal gear/equipment. 

Did i say the word "gear" enough?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Did I just got downvoted for my Michelle Obama girl crush? That seems a bit much :(

What was the deal with Libertines? I've pieced it together a bit from posts here and there....from what I gather they were announced 8 hrs before, but it was diff to a proper secret set? How were they announced?

I very much enjoy your Prodigy enthusiasm!!! If there is no room on the Other, could we do some shuffling about and have them sub Ed. Because that would be epic and hilarious in so many ways :D

Neil's going to tell us to behave again isn't he...:sorry:

lol we could always ask ! We must meet up for a drink and discuss all things Prodigy and KLF :)

3 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Considering The National are on the poster but not in their 'leaked' stage times as actually playing and Diana Ross is already ruled out....

And as for Imagine Dragons subbing the Other Stage.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, tjamest said:

I dunno what's better about this, the use of the already debunked clashfinder leak or the idea that anyone with a ticket might not know the date it's on and still need to book it off work

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Aye. They could only dream of being a sub at Glastonbury these days :ph34r:

Judging by recordings of their last gig this could be pretty accurate.... :rolleyes:

It ain't the Roses. Clinging by a thread and Hampden could well be their last ever gig. By all accounts they're just about getting through these final gigs so adding a Glasto appearance is incredibly unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Considering The National are on the poster but not in their 'leaked' stage times as actually playing and Diana Ross is already ruled out....

And as for Imagine Dragons subbing the Other Stage.....

I know - the more you look at it the more wrong it becomes, bless them.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:
2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

What was the deal with Libertines? I've pieced it together a bit from posts here and there....from what I gather they were announced 8 hrs before, but it was diff to a proper secret set? How were they announced?

the info came out around midday that day, via their 'people' tipping a few people off (one of whom tipped me off), and then shortly after via a few cryptic and not so cryptic tweets from the band.

Didnt the festival twitter account tweet a picture of the sound board with "Albion" written on the tape along with the other bandnames as well?

I don't for a minute think it's the Roses and don't care too much if it is, as I'm seeing them at Wembley the weekend before anyway, but if they really are falling apart and these will be their last few gigs maybe they thought "fuck it" and were happy to take a sub spot and the little bit of extra cash. If they never reform it won't really matter too much about their status as a headliner band. If they put on a good show it would be a bit weird having a band headline after them though.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don't for a minute think it's the Roses and don't care too much if it is, as I'm seeing them at Wembley the weekend before anyway, but if they really are falling apart and these will be their last few gigs maybe they thought "fuck it" and were happy to take a sub spot and the little bit of extra cash. If they never reform it won't really matter too much about their status as a headliner band. If they put on a good show it would be a bit weird having a band headline after them though.

They can't sub. The sub slots are apparently filled Friday/Sunday and they have the Hampden Park gig on the Saturday

52 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Out of curiosity - what time do they start selling alcohol again? Not that it really affects me as I've only made it past 5am on a handful of occasions, by which point I definitely don't need any more alcohol!

11am Friday and Saturday, and then a bit later on the Sunday.  I think.