"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Where have The xx been announced as a sub? I thought it had just been revealed by NME, same as The National.

Emily said it if remember correctly in an interview same as Biffy....The National have not been confirmed as sub its just been assumed

I don't have the link but it's about somewhere

Just now, shoptildrop said:

Emily said it if remember correctly in an interview same as Biffy....The National have not been confirmed as sub its just been assumed

I don't have the link but it's about somewhere

Don't think there was ever an actual quote from Emily, was there? She had the interview with NME and not long after that NME published am article on The xx and mentioned at the bottom they were subbing Radiohead. NME later did the exact same thing with The National.

Anyway surely Greenday, Gaga and any thin hopes of Daft Punk/Stone Roses are wacked by the title of it beinga. Really big secret considering the former two were heavily rumoured from the offset and thw latter two have been squashed by Evis herself. 

12 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Yep and rather cool stage by the sounds of it

*spoiler if you want to avoid new stage info*

http://theknowmagazine.com/new-heavy-metal-stage-glastonbury-2017/

Edited by Keithy

39 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Said this before, earache guy announced that there was 1 band coming `all the way from the us` for this one show who hadn't been announced yet...thats gotta be at least some well known in the metal genre, they wouldn't fly a band out from the us who nobody would have a clue who they were. prophets is one option, slayer is another, and obviously many others. 

POR are already in Europe though, they wouldn't need flying over. It might be a band from the US still to announce...make it Rancid!

35 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Over 30 pages of speculation has done nothing to shift my belief that it's Gaga as our Saturday night sub. Have never bought into Katy Perry being sub, she's afternoon fun material.

Albeit very slim, she has the most supporting evidence. Interview late Oct that she couldn't talk about it, dropped off the rumour radar since and Emily says they've kept it quite for about the last 6 months which links into the timeline since the interview.  

Straws firmly clutched :lol:

I actually think as long as she's given a sub length that she could be okay to be 3rd down to get a field full that would avoid others to go there on her way back up etc.

I don't believe she would open Other.

25 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

It's not on her official page though: https://www.facebook.com/katebush/

Seems to be a fan thing. 

Reckon it's fan just speculating.

1 minute ago, rzwodezwo said:

I still hope we're wrong on The National and they're headlining Other. Fully onboard on the missing Saturday sub idea although I wouldn't care for Gaga. 

The national cant headline other or sub the Pyramid. As good as they are they're Just not big enough or known enough amongst the herds. 

1 minute ago, Bonaneas said:

The national cant headline other or sub the Pyramid. As good as they are they're Just not big enough or known enough amongst the herds. 

They're fifth on the poster mate, anything other than Pyramid sub or Other headline would be rather surprising to me 

2 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

I still hope we're wrong on The National and they're headlining Other. Fully onboard on the missing Saturday sub idea although I wouldn't care for Gaga. 

Thing is regardless of how concrete Alt-J is for Other headliner, if this hasn't been leaked by anyone then The National could be it and her slotting in. I'd be very shocked if ML weren't topping Friday mind and tbf The National won't be then anyway.

Neil thought earlier there was a chance of an act slotting into Saturday sub, if it was Noel it would just be announced, no other festival has ever made a specific point of announcing him separate.

2 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

They're fifth on the poster mate, anything other than Pyramid sub or Other headline would be rather surprising to me 

Nah I wouldn't read too much into the poster mate. 2 big stages + first 6 names on poster doesn't = head + sub for the 3 nights.  The national are afternoon / early evening filler, 3rd from top at best. 

9 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Nah I wouldn't read too much into the poster mate. 2 big stages + first 6 names on poster doesn't = head + sub for the 3 nights.  The national are afternoon / early evening filler, 3rd from top at best. 

Good god man!

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yes they are big enough.

Honestly, (opening myself to abuse here once you read the rest) but I consider my music knowledge to be pretty good, and I'd never even heard of them before the poster! 

23 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Download exclusive? And please no. 

If it were Aerosmith, announced after Download finishes then I don't think the exclusivity thing would matter anymore.  
Hope it's not though.

27 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Well they are almost certainly subbing FF so clearly the Eavii think they're big enough.