"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Emily also says in that interview that "I'm just pleased we've managed to keep it secret for this long. We've had it for about six months."

As an aside, if it doesn't turn out to be Gaga, it'll be interesting to know why she dropped out of the picture as in that late October NME interview, it was hinted she was in the frame when she said "I don’t have permission to say anything about that" when asked about Glastonbury.

As another aside, late October to early May is about 6 months.

I'm rolling with Gaga talking sub slot for Foos. ....said it before and hoping it comes true

• Upvote 1

Just to throw a few more wildcard names in the ring.

1. Chase and Status have a new album coming this summer, collabs include This Moment with Blossoms which is currently doing the rounds on radio.

2. Calvin Harris also has a new album coming June 30th, collabs with Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Snoop Dogg, John Legend. What makes this a more interesting possibility for me is that although he's based in America now he usually plays 1 / 2 British festivals each summer. Usually he will play T in the Park and a.n.other while he's here, T in the Park is cancelled this year and I think it would be in Glasto style to support him as a successful international British artist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And this is why there is zero chance of me ever seeing a set of this nature.

Gaps? There are no gaps, in the BenFinderTM.

:)

Ben

No choice.  We're going to kidnap you and tie you to a chair and force you to wait for a secret set.  Lucy's going to film and youtube it. Y'know for the LOLs.

22 minutes ago, AbiC said:

Hoping that either the Gaga or Diana Ross rumour turns out to be true..... cross fingers 

And this is why I haven't taken her off my signature.  It will still happen.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

No choice.  We're going to kidnap you and tie you to a chair and force you to wait for a secret set.  Lucy's going to film and youtube it. Y'know for the LOLs.

Mega lolz! ;) 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

And this is why I haven't taken her off my signature.  It will still happen.

It will! I want it to as well! 

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It was about 6 months ago that Ray Davies said something about The Kinks potentially doing Glastonbury, and ME said in an interview shortly after that he'd just been on the phone to RD.

Don't put good stuff into the mixer, that would be brilliant! We have to assume it is Liam Gallagher in a rain mac and sunglasses,  wth the crowd only really livening up when he plays wonderwall at the end.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It was about 6 months ago that Ray Davies said something about The Kinks potentially doing Glastonbury, and ME said in an interview shortly after that he'd just been on the phone to RD.

Could certainly get behind this idea!

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

so it's going to be a big name saturday sub headliner then, paving the way for the national to headline the other stage. Excellent news.

Or maybe Gaga before Radiohead and the XX at the Park rumour was true! 

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers? Legends Slot
They are 'apparently' UK exclusive for their 40th anniversary tour at Hyde Park but one can dream, having said that they are in Pasadena on 24th, be a bit of a mission to make the Sunday slot. I've just talked myself out of it but enjoyed making the suggestion anyway :)