"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

15 minutes ago, eastynh said:

download (2).png

Obviously the correct answer. :)

Edit: A month or so back I saw a tweet along the lines of 'the secret's out of the bag. Depeche Mode at Glastonbury'. I asked them where they got the info from but they just deleted the tweet. I ignored it at the time as she didn't seem to have any industry links and well, people talk shite on Twitter. 

Edited by musky

14 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

I would love it if this were true!  I would love to hear the opening riff to What Time Is Love thundering out across the Pyramid field B)

Totally ! It would make it my best Glasto ever, that being said, it's never gonna happen lol

Just now, Tr234 said:

Wonder when it'll be announced

I'd love one done in a similar fashion to The Libertines

I thought that was done perfectly the way the rumours just spread on the day and then the curtain lowered to reveal their backdrop, was such a great moment if you're a fan

• Upvote 1

Just now, mufcok said:

I'd love one done in a similar fashion to The Libertines

I thought that was done perfectly the way the rumours just spread on the day and then the curtain lowered to reveal their backdrop, was such a great moment if you're a fan

And disastrous if you're not. 

20 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

I would love it if this were true!  I would love to hear the opening riff to What Time Is Love thundering out across the Pyramid field B)

I know it's their cheesy stadium number, but imagine a completely secret set, like properly secret, and that opening vocal to 3am Eternal blasts out of the system. Hot damn.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Not really, you didn't have to be at Pyramid to witness it

It would be disastrous for me to watch Adele or Muse but thankfully there's around 100 other stages

I think you are missing the point of it supposedly being a secret.

Just now, mufcok said:

Not really, you didn't have to be at Pyramid to witness it

It would be disastrous for me to watch Adele or Muse but thankfully there's around 100 other stages

Yes but trying to get out of a mobbed pyramid crowd i would consider disastrous. The premise is you don't know till the reveal on stage which means you would have to be there to witness it. 

2 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

Not sure Leftfield would live up to the "really big secret" hype but I am going to see them at Motion tonight and they would definitely be a very welcome addition to Glastonbury

Very jealous, enjoy!!!  No1 LP of all time for me.   Such a loud band to see live too, that low end rumble.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

And disastrous if you're not. 

A gamble certainly, but would chuck an element of the unknown back into proceedings.  Worst case is you die a little inside as Chris Martin potters onstage and wander off to watch something else.

Best case is the opening riff to Robot Rock comes at you!

Just now, Quark said:

A gamble certainly, but would chuck an element of the unknown back into proceedings.  Worst case is you die a little inside as Chris Martin potters onstage and wander off to watch something else.

Best case is the opening riff to Robot Rock comes at you!

Yeah but what if it turned out to be Bastille or The 1975? My fucking ears Quark! Think you'd understand more than most. :P