"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Just now, DJ Cull said:

Really big secret doesn't necessarily mean really good secret lol.

I'm going with Little Mix opening the Other Stage & Take That on Sunday afternoon.

Both of those things would be better than pretty much everything else mentioned in this thread, mind.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DJ Cull said:

Really big secret doesn't necessarily mean really good secret lol.

I'm going with Little Mix opening the Other Stage & Take That on Sunday afternoon.

Yeah the odds are its a new frigging instalment or attraction and not even an artist! 

I hate to be negative, but to the people suggesting massive headline acts - where do you think they're gonna play? Fleetwood Mac won't be there unless they're headlining, and we already have headliners. Same with Stone Roses.

As I see it, the options are:

1. It's someone medium sized that's just playing the Pyramid stage.
  2. An act the level of Arcade Fire/Gorillaz/Green Day plays a secret, unannounced set on either the Park or the Other.
  3. (least likely) Gibb isn't playing the teatime slot, and someone else will be announced for it (Gaga?)

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They've backed themselves into a corner a bit with this.  

Given the unlikelihood of them having something truly special up their sleeves all that'll happen is widespread disappointed faces on Xmas Morning when everyone unwraps their present to find only BeardFace Elbow and the lads inside doing their song about the window.

and what is that `unlikelihood` based on exactly? fuck me people have woken up on wrong side of bed this morning. chin up folks for all you know this could indeed be something incredible! why be negative? 

Could well be Foos related. After all, in order to celebrate playing an extended set, they played an extended set. So perhaps they have something additional up their sleeves. 

Still think TayTay's a good shout. There's no doubt there would be demand from the festival and crowd. And Sheeran is probably the best shot they have of her agreeing to appear in some context. 

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

and what is that `unlikelihood` based on exactly? fuck me people have woken up on wrong side of bed this morning. chin up folks for all you know this could indeed be something incredible! why be negative? 

Think you're mixing up being negative with being a realist. It may be something pretty big, but when have the Eavi's talks of stuff being 'extra special' in any year of Glastonbury actually been 'extra special'? Maybe this'll be the one time they really mean it, but I won't be expecting to be blown away when it's revealed.

4 minutes ago, cpg2202 said:

Kasabian? Just had a new album come out. Headlined recently, so would/could be classed as a "big" secret. Not been suggested anywhere else so would tie in with EE believing they've done well to keep it under wraps.

This was my first thought when I read the article... they've just had an album out. Obviously headliner sized so if they were going to do it as non-headliners they would need it to be hyped up massively.