"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hasn't there been rumours of that again lately...?

You might be onto something.

The Zep would be the biggest booking Glastonbury has ever made, surely there's no way in hell they would do anything other than headline. Would be silly in terms of both prestige and crowd management.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I have always wondered/feared that Take That might make an appearance on the Sunday afternoon

New album out, UK tour ends the week before, and they could do with a free PR boost to help with album sales, what better way than a Glastonbury slot, could even be the 'legends' slot maybe?

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ed Sheeran secret set?

If that's what she's on about, I can let the cat out of bag if she wants me too...? 

Thursday night secret sets? I can help there too. 

Maybe this time one really has got past me. This year I don't even have next year's headliners already. 

When are these ed sheeran secret sets... asking for a friend :blink:

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

If it is a music thing then we are looking at either the legend slot, an Other Stage headliner or a Park headliner?

Have we got all our Other Stage headliners yet?

I think it will probably either be Gorillaz on the Park or The Stone Roses on the Other Stage on Sunday (if they're free)

It's being announced soon, so it won't be Gorillaz on The Park , or any other secret set.

6 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I have always wondered/feared that Take That might make an appearance on the Sunday afternoon

New album out, UK tour ends the week before, and they could do with a free PR boost to help with album sales, what better way than a Glastonbury slot, could even be the 'legends' slot maybe?

Take that on the Sunday afternoon has been my dream for a few years now haha

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Lorde having an entire stage dedicated to her playing repeatedly, to solve the issue of every single person on earth trying to squeeze into the Pyramid field for their one opportunity to belt out Royals.

@dentalplan will be fucking delighted 

When I first read this I automatically thought Lady Gaga, and get help thinking anything other than Lady Gaga. But the fact Emily appears to think no one knows, would suggest it isn't Gaga

Edited by Mezhyp1

They've just played her actual interview on 6 Music & she mentions Pink Floyd & Led Zep (and Prince) directly before this 'big secret' so I imagine that puts an immediate end to those two ideas. 

The "we've had it for about six months" might give something away? 

Edited by MattDavies__

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I'll cling to it being Gaga, solely on the basis of that interview months ago when she said she wasn't allowed to talk about Glastonbury.

I suspect however it'll be a decent mid size act like The Libertines a few years back.

Another John Peel secret set which all kinds of exciting things are rumoured for only to turn out to be The Kooks lmao.

• Upvote 2