The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening (copy of last nights posted in the wrong thread)

report a wee bit late as went to Block 9

anyway sun has been shining again all day, it's very dry. Suggest packing extra tent pegs for tents as the buggers will bend when trying to get then into ground like concrete.

big news (well for me) can't remember the last time I have seen grass (yes grass) in the naughty corner.

ground being sprayed with water so tonight dust bowl rating will be 10 (reduced from yesterday due to spraying of water)

Thursdays report, think it is Thursday, totally knackered.

roads were sprayed Wednesday and the road roller went over them yesterday evening.  Never seen them so flat.

been a mostly cloudy day with some sunshine a lot cooler which was welcome relief.  The wind is currently gusting a bit.  No rain is forecast in the foreseeable future but we are in England so anything can happen.

spend a lot of time in SE corner today still can get my head around seeing grass there.

grass is long in the fields and campsites, the ground is rock hard suggest packing extra tent pegs 

dust bowl rating 10

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

It's going to bloody glorious and I can't wait. Being able to sit on the grass is the best thing ever. Going to buy some more robust tent pegs this weekend as standard ones just bend. Excitement rating at 11.

I'm taking along a drill and some masonry bits before putting my tent pegs in

UT8fwaaXPXXXXagOFbXi.jpg.8bd243f756175e745f52c6fe1d4b9831.jpg

It's funny how quickly Glasto worries turn from "I'm not sure I can handle another 2016 mud fest" and "god, i should really inspect my wellies for leaks", to "HOLY CRAP I need to buy a mallet!!!" and "but what does one wear on ones feet when one is not immersed in muddy slop?"

I certainly know which set of questions I prefer having to ask myself :D