The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

No need for wellies and walking boots imo. If the boots come above the ankle then they will cope with almost all types of mud.

Na my trusty (above the ankle) boots were no match for stomping round the site last year... Wellies from Thursday onwards

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Stretlow said:

I'd say the majority of the site was fine but there were definitely areas where it was at least shin height.

Entrance to the SE corner being one on the Saturday night

Dunno...I was in there on the Saturday night.

I might have walked around some of the lakes rather than through the middle, but I had drier feet then my welly-wearing mates who all had their boots dragged off by the mud at one point or another.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I might have walked around some of the lakes rather than through the middle, but I had drier feet then my welly-wearing mates who all had their boots dragged off by the mud at one point or another.

Walking in mud is all about technique. If you don't want to lose your boots then you have to mince your way through. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It wasn't busy when we went (i couldnt tell you what time) but my wife a particularly nasty fall into a bin .... which i found hilarious 

I had to lift my wellies from the mud with my hands as I walked... that was the worst I saw during the weekend

3 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

It wasn't busy when we went (i couldnt tell you what time) but my wife a particularly nasty fall into a bin .... which i found hilarious 

That wasn't in the the market near the entrance was it? Saw some woman try to walk up the little incline from mud to path but her toes started slipping, her feet ended up behind her and she face planted into a bin. 

Am I making this up, or was there a problem getting the metal walkways at Glasto last year because they were stuck under a tonne of mud at Download? I remember there being muddy walkways instead of metal in some places last year... It looks like Download's weather was good this time around, so I guess that's one less thing to worry about?

3 minutes ago, alibear said:

Am I making this up, or was there a problem getting the metal walkways at Glasto last year because they were stuck under a tonne of mud at Download? I remember there being muddy walkways instead of metal in some places last year... It looks like Download's weather was good this time around, so I guess that's one less thing to worry about?

I was told similar by people working on site, and yes, it looks like it stayed dry at Download, so fingers crossed they can get them to Glastonbury in time this year :)

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That wasn't in the the market near the entrance was it? Saw some woman try to walk up the little incline from mud to path but her toes started slipping, her feet ended up behind her and she face planted into a bin. 

I cant remember pal, it was a ll bit hazy, we were on the way out.

Just prior to that my mate had got beached in the middle and I went in to rescue him.

Edited by Stretlow

18 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site report.

dust bowl, spraying the roads to keep the dust down.  Really hot and staying fine all week (I am told).

will not do the daily reports (unless wanted) but will update IF conditions change.

^ Exactly that. 

(Good to see you again @Mr Splodge  :)  )

Will post pointless but encouraging SOTG reports much more regularly from now on. Pointless because they'll just be a long repetition of rock hard, dusty, arid,baked, Ghandi's sandal etc etc :D

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

19 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site report.

dust bowl, spraying the roads to keep the dust down.  Really hot and staying fine all week (I am told).

will not do the daily reports (unless wanted) but will update IF conditions change.

If you think we all don't want daily reports on what's going on down on site then you really don't know us at all!

KEEP EM COMING 

5 hours ago, paulshane said:

I was told similar by people working on site, and yes, it looks like it stayed dry at Download, so fingers crossed they can get them to Glastonbury in time this year :)

Saw a few loads heading TO Download last week! I'm heading down to Devon and Somerset on Wednesday so I'll keep my eyes peeled for trucks full of track

38 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site report.

Another vote for daily updates Mr Splodge pleeeeeeeese! :-) #justalittlebitobsessed

52 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site report.

this site thrives on hourly updates nevermind daily :lol:

53 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site report.

Suffice to say it's a definite yes, Mr L

:)

Ben