The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

default footwear for me is vans skate/deck shoes for dry conditions(find them so much comfier then more `sporty` and chunkier trainers and walking boots for anything else, never been a fan of wellys, designed to protect from the weather yes but not designed for walking and not comfortable for walking for a long time in, id rather get a bit of mud splashed on my legs (but feet still dry) then end up with blisters or sweat rash from wearing rubber boots for a week.

Need to buy a new pair though tommorow I think so ive got a week to wear them in, after lasting me since 2013 my boots had pretty much had it by the end of last years mudfest so I just threw them away.

Edited by waterfalls212434

27 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

default footwear for me is vans skate/deck shoes for dry conditions(find them so much comfier then more `sporty` and chunkier trainers and walking boots for anything else, never been a fan of wellys, designed to protect from the weather yes but not designed for walking and not comfortable for walking for a long time in, id rather get a bit of mud splashed on my legs (but feet still dry) then end up with blisters or sweat rash from wearing rubber boots for a week.

Need to buy a new pair though tommorow I think so ive got a week to wear them in, after lasting me since 2013 my boots had pretty much had it by the end of last years mudfest so I just threw them away.

I'd forgotten about the old Glastonbury leg wax peeling the mud off gives you

Edited by mazola

I have terrible feet. They look normal but get sore really easily. I tend to wear different shoes every day, which helps a lot, but obviously want to travel as light as possible to Glastonbury. I plan to take walking boots, a pair of lightweight Nikes and wellies. I'm hoping I can leave the wellies in the car, but if it does look like being a bit muddy i need them as an option as even though my boots are usually very comfy, they sometimes randomly press on my ankle and really hurt. Weird. Wish my feet weren't so retarded.

Hoping that my docs will do and Converse if I'm feeling optimistic. Need new wellies but holding off buying any until the weekend, my old Hunters ruined my feet last year. I managed with docs in Leeds fest mud last year so they should be fine as long as its not like Glasto last year!

Edited by kaytee...

37 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If weather is good I'll be taking either my trusty adidas Samba or running trainers. Not decided which will be better. Samba are definitely more comfortable but the running ones have more support. Will of course have my wellies on standby.

no finer shoe than the samba imo. just got a fresh pair of originals after my old ones were looking pretty sad. can't stop looking at them.

Wellies, walking sandals (for afternoon bimbling and round camp) and probably my walking boots.  Even though they caused my stupidest sunburn line ever last year.  I looked like I had crisp white socks on til long after xmas.  If not them, my purple walking shoes cos they're purple.  My sandals are purple too.  Purple is good.

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Walking boots work in the conditions that all the other options you mention do. If you only have room for one, take them. 

Agreed. But my walking shoes are slightly comfier than the boots. If theres rain forecast then boots it'll be. No rain and the shoes win.

The last two festivals I've been to I only took the shoes and they coped admirably. Admittedly only one and a half days really challenged them - but the one muddy day at Bestival last year was more severe than I expected and they managed fine.

8 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Wellies, walking sandals (for afternoon bimbling and round camp) and probably my walking boots.  Even though they caused my stupidest sunburn line ever last year.  I looked like I had crisp white socks on til long after xmas.  If not them, my purple walking shoes cos they're purple.  My sandals are purple too.  Purple is good.

No need for wellies and walking boots imo. If the boots come above the ankle then they will cope with almost all types of mud.