The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 6 weeks to go, I am becoming increasingly nervous about how dry it's been recently. I'll happily take some rain this week, maybe a bit at the start of June, but that's it! Ground cannot be like last year!!

Always a pleasure to see this thread, nice and early this year, SS!

I'm neutral about the ground at the moment. It's too early to get concerned. We're bound to get some rain between now and the festival. I'll be looking a lot more closely come the end of May.

I don't really think you can make any sort of prediction more than two weeks out.  Love the updates though, good or bad it's good to know how things stand.  I remember the time worthy FM did a series of comical Ali style videos purporting to show everything would be fine, it was nowhere near last year's epic catastrafuck that year in the end.

The way I see it, last year was close to as bad as it's ever been and we all still had a blast, so fuck it, rain or shine there's nowhere I'd rather spend my midsummer week.

3 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

If it's muddy as last year I'll be so annoyed, do you know how hard it is to dance in wellyboots

Naaah, dancing is fine. You just have to wedge your boots in and then dance about as crazy as yer like without moving your feet. The hard part is trying to walk off...

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

The way I see it, last year was close to as bad as it's ever been and we all still had a blast, so fuck it, rain or shine there's nowhere I'd rather spend my midsummer week.

My thoughts exactly. Plus we're all battle hardened and thus know more how to deal with it! What mud doesn't kill you makes you ability to wade through it stronger and all that... :-)

Unless it ends up like Download looked last year. Then we're all fucked....

10 hours ago, McCor said:

With 6 weeks to go, I am becoming increasingly nervous about how dry it's been recently. I'll happily take some rain this week, maybe a bit at the start of June, but that's it! Ground cannot be like last year!!

Your not the only one old son