The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Well, thought I might as well start this thread again to keep all you lovely people informed in the lead up to the festival. 

In previous years I have started the thread a bit later than this but Brillo and I had to drop by the farm this afternoon so I thought I'd go for it. 

The ground is, as you would expect,  is as dry as Ghandi's sandal. Rock hard and dust blowing up in the slightest of breezes. The grass is super verdant and healthy but I do think that we really could do with it getting watered before the festival.... Hopefully not in the week before or during :)

I'll post regular updates here as we get closer.

Brillo checking out the bins and Ivymead, the crew field, starting to fill up.

aaa brillo bins pilton.jpg

aaa ivymead.jpg

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Well, thought I might as well start this thread again to keep all you lovely people informed in the lead up to the festival. 

In previous years I have started the thread a bit later than this but Brillo and I had to drop by the farm this afternoon so I thought I'd go for it. 

The ground is, as you would expect,  is as dry as Ghandi's sandal. Rock hard and dust blowing up in the slightest of breezes. The grass is super verdant and healthy but I do think that we really could do with it getting watered before the festival.... Hopefully not in the week before or during :)

aaa ivymead.jpg

34 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

aaa ivymead.jpg

Next few days by the looks of it buddy

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Always upvote dogs, always upvote pics; I need to be able to upvote OP twice.

Not fussed by dogs or pictures but upvoted to alleviate your frustration. However great to see  the site looking so good, some rain in the next few weeks to thicken the grass then dry for three/four weeks to the festival itself.

So this will be the first thread I look in for the next 41 days 9 hours and 38 minutes. Thanx Dusty for 'on the ground info'. I do hope it's not as bad as last year. My weather forecast says it's going to get some wet stuff in the next few days. 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

That fucking deluge on the run up last year was soil destroying 

As long as we get it now to soften the ground and prepare it to absorb, then none in the week or two before we will be grand! Get praying to the weather gods!

NFR NFC :D