Pinkpop 2017

Hello fellow festival fans,

This year me and a couple of friends are going to PinkPop. I have been to Rock werchter, Rock am Ring, Hurricane, Lowlands , Sziget and some other smaller festivals before. I do not know why in this forum there is not even open topic about pinkpop. But maybe someone could help out.

We can't camp on Pinkpop from Friday so I was wondering where can we camp instead on friday?

Also how strict are they with the policy of no hard-alcohol and amount of beer cans allowed to bring to the camp site?

Saluud !!!

Well, Pinkpop is not the most adventurous of festivals :P and the line-up hasn't been too great in the last few years for spoiled festival goers like us! ;) But I'm considering going the monday, SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Liam Gallagher and Gütterdammerung should be good!

The rules say you can bring 12 cans a bottle and 1 plastic bottle per person, but security usually isn't too tight. You can consider walking back and forth to your car to pick up some more booze as well.

As for other alcoholic drinks, glass isn't allowed, but it shouldn't be too difficult to sneak in 1 or 2 bottles.

What time on friday do you arrive? Some people spend the night just outside the camping and campings usually open a few hours earlier than they say on the website. You could also consider booking a hotel, there should be one pretty close.

1 hour ago, Robinn said:

Well, Pinkpop is not the most adventurous of festivals :P and the line-up hasn't been too great in the last few years for spoiled festival goers like us! ;) But I'm considering going the monday, SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Liam Gallagher and Gütterdammerung

What time on friday do you arrive? Some people spend the night just outside the camping and campings usually open a few hours earlier than they say on the website. You could also consider booking a hotel, there should be one pretty close.

I've been in 2014 and from what I remember campings (I was in B ) opened at six...I was one of the first going inside but there were lot of people already in queue.

Obviously first you come more shadow you'll find :) 

Edited by alan_ts

On 10.5.2017 at 5:27 PM, Robinn said:

Well, Pinkpop is not the most adventurous of festivals :P and the line-up hasn't been too great in the last few years for spoiled festival goers like us! ;) But I'm considering going the monday, SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Liam Gallagher and Gütterdammerung should be good!

The rules say you can bring 12 cans a bottle and 1 plastic bottle per person, but security usually isn't too tight. You can consider walking back and forth to your car to pick up some more booze as well.

As for other alcoholic drinks, glass isn't allowed, but it shouldn't be too difficult to sneak in 1 or 2 bottles.

Hey thanks a lot for the tips!

Yes I know the line-up is not the best one but a festival is always a good excuse to have a great time!

We don't know for sure but we will arrive around 23:00 - 01:00 am so I think we will just stay outside the camping and have some beers then.

Have a nice weekend!

Saluuuudd!!

2 hours ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

We don't know for sure but we will arrive around 23:00 - 01:00 am so I think we will just stay outside the camping and have some beers then.

I'd say it is the best choice. 

Landgraaf is a small green village so it could be fine stay a night even if you are on the street :)