Coach ticket flexibility?

Chiefo

A friend of mine has a coach ticket for the Thursday but has recently been told he can't miss the two weekdays off work by his boss. Has anyone ever heard of them being flexible on the ticket-on-coach policy? Ideally he could collect his ticket from the coach and then get off and attend on the Friday after work, but they might not give out the tickets that early. If anyone knows anything about this then it would be very helpful. Cheers. 

Pretty sure that is a no. The coach tickets are sold to ensure a certain amount of festival goers travel by public transport. What a nightmare for your friend, that is awful. That is the downside of buying a coach ticket, you really have to commit to the time.

16 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Pretty sure that is a no. The coach tickets are sold to ensure a certain amount of festival goers travel by public transport. What a nightmare for your friend, that is awful. That is the downside of buying a coach ticket, you really have to commit to the time.

Thanks for the reply. Seeing as it's a policy made to limit traffic and pollution then i thought maybe they would be more lenient on it than if it was a security issue. He's considering showing up to the bus and explaining himself in an attempt to get it early and make his own way there on Friday. Longshot.

While it has never been officially confirmed (and probably never will be) as it undercuts the coach policy a bit, the procedure for the last several years has been that any unclaimed Coach tickets are handed over to the enquiries cabin at Pedestrian Gate A as part of the driver debrief / admin, where they can then be collected by the person.

So as long as he's arriving at least a couple hours after the coach does, arrives at Pedestrian Gate A, and is prepared to queue/wait a bit at the enquiries cabin, he should be fine.

1 hour ago, incident said:

While it has never been officially confirmed (and probably never will be) as it undercuts the coach policy a bit, the procedure for the last several years has been that any unclaimed Coach tickets are handed over to the enquiries cabin at Pedestrian Gate A as part of the driver debrief / admin, where they can then be collected by the person.

So as long as he's arriving at least a couple hours after the coach does, arrives at Pedestrian Gate A, and is prepared to queue/wait a bit at the enquiries cabin, he should be fine.

This is promising stuff, thanks! Do you mind me asking how you know this? Considering missing that coach is a pretty huge risk to take.

Just now, Chiefo said:

This is promising stuff, thanks! Do you mind me asking how you know this? Considering missing that coach is a pretty huge risk to take.

It's what people have reported over the years.. There's been a fair few people in that situation over the years and (as far as I'm aware) they've all been able to get their tickets like that.

I've been by coach 4 times, well I got on a coach 3 times, once my friend collected for me. We have had tickets handed out before we left once, en route the other 3 times. We had a party member ask the driver and get his ticket before we set off because he had a wedding to go to. Another time the driver refused another person and his friends followed the coach in a car and he wasn't even let off the coach when the tickets were handed out in a layby! Another time we had some emails with See and showed them to the driver and got our daughters ticket for her as she had work and came on the train.

if it's a local coach I would try the driver, at least he'd have the ticket in hand, failing that you could get a letter from him and try to get his ticket for him and meet him at the gate. Feels better than leaving it in the coach cabin as there will always be a nagging doubt until the last minute with the coach cabin. If you get his ticket you can send a reassuring photo :)

So, basically anything could happen, but worst case get there and get from coach cabin.

NS

• 2 weeks later...

The coach sets off from Glasgow late on Tuesday evening, I would also be interested in arriving at Glastonbury on the Thursday (getting an extra night or 2 in my own bed!) and collecting my ticket.  Is the "the enquiries cabin at Pedestrian Gate A" the same thing as the "coach cabin"?  Thank you1

On 23/05/2017 at 1:38 PM, Johndenis said:

The coach sets off from Glasgow late on Tuesday evening, I would also be interested in arriving at Glastonbury on the Thursday (getting an extra night or 2 in my own bed!) and collecting my ticket.  Is the "the enquiries cabin at Pedestrian Gate A" the same thing as the "coach cabin"?  Thank you1

Yes it is.

I would just point out that you get plenty of opportunities to sleep in your own bed throughout the rest of the year, but you've only got 5 opportunities to sleep in the hallowed fields. You'll regret it if you miss a day, trust me! :)