Worthy Warriors

APPLES77

I'm signed up again.  It wasn't spectacularly well organised across the festival but the idea is you keep your camping area tidy & encourage others to do the same.  I asked for binbags at the campsite crew* but they didn't know what WW was and didn't have many to give out.  Got a medal though!

*Some campsite crews were clued in though, maybe it was just Wicket 

Edited by verrymerry

Just now, verrymerry said:

I'm signed up again.  It wasn't spectacularly well organised across the festival but the idea is you keep your camping area tidy & encourage others to do the same.  I asked for binbags at the campsite crew but they didn't know what WW was and didn't have many to give out.  Got a medal though!

is that it ? more than happy to hand out a few bin bags on the way in and out of camp ? or subtly dump a few !! I've also now got my don't pee on the land pyramid hat too !!

2 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I'm signed up again.  It wasn't spectacularly well organised across the festival but the idea is you keep your camping area tidy & encourage others to do the same.  I asked for binbags at the campsite crew* but they didn't know what WW was and didn't have many to give out.  Got a medal though!

*Some campsite crews were clued in though, maybe it was just Wicket 

Ah ok so it's not that extensive just pretty much doing what I do anyway! Will be signing up :) 

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Ah ok so it's not that extensive just pretty much doing what I do anyway! Will be signing up :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

is that it ? more than happy to hand out a few bin bags on the way in and out of camp ? or subtly dump a few !! I've also now got my don't pee on the land pyramid hat too !!

They were after people to stay on Monday but I can't because I've got a coach package.  Essentially it's trying to promote keeping the farm tidy and stop people leaving all their rubbish and tents behind, so Monday morning's a key time to help!  Fingers crossed my coach isn't at stupid o'clock

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

But really...what is it?  Do you have to put in hours or just be a considerate person? Is it like taking the pledge but actually acting on it? 

Well I'd say the pledge is tidying up your own stuff, which we should all be doing, this goes a bit further and the idea is you try to get others to do the same.  I just out a load of bin bags in my campsite, particularly on Monday morning and it seemed to help.

7 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Well I'd say the pledge is tidying up your own stuff, which we should all be doing, this goes a bit further and the idea is you try to get others to do the same.  I just out a load of bin bags in my campsite, particularly on Monday morning and it seemed to help.

I love the initiative.... but on Monday morning last year I barely made it to the train and relied heavily on my friend to clean up our site (it was fairly clean, tbh). I'm very tempted to sign up but feel I will be a sad disappointment when Monday morning rolls around. 

Edited by MetaKate

Just now, MetaKate said:

I love the initiative but on Monday morning last year I barely made it to the train and relied heavily on my friend to clean up our site (it was fairly clean, tbh). I'm very tempted to sign up but feel I will be a sad disappointment when Monday morning rolls around. 

there is the option of not being available Monday which is the option I've gone for .. Monday is hard work anyway .. but you can tell which people are going to leave a shit hole as the festival progresses . I often do a quick early morning sweep in the near vacinity of our tents and routes in and out , so dumping some extra bags isn't going to be a problem and the cleaner it stays the cleaner it is going to be in the end .. as posted elsewhere just have a look at how immaculate the cyclist field stays throughout the festival . 

I did this last year, but it was still a bit sketchy as far as campsite stewards were concerned. Most didn't seem to know much about it, and in our field they'd run out of bin bags on the Monday morning (probably the best time to have plenty available!). Fortunately, we had most of a roll left, and gave some out. 

This year, I'm volunteering with the litter picking team, so I'm not sure if I can apply, as the form needs a ticket holding reg number. I've emailed, and I'll see what they say. Seems like a good initiative to me, and I hope it takes off :)

Its got to be worthwhile. What did people put for their idea to make the festival greener?

I thought an ecobond like they do at boomtown but is there a way they could do that with tents too? logistically it would be a nightmare to organise but an incentive to get people to take them home or at least pack them away to be donated,