Yeo Valley

alanr

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Yep, yeo valley is huge (over a quarter of a billion pounds turnover a year). Not sure why it should be allowed special treatment at glastonbury over other massive corporations.

Good riddance.

Russy, what's the craic. Do ye walk around wearing sack cloth and eating your own home grown granola bars muttering abuse at people walking down the street? Then acting confused when they ask you why. 

Please come to the efests meet. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep, yeo valley is huge (over a quarter of a billion pounds turnover a year). Not sure why it should be allowed special treatment at glastonbury over other massive corporations.

Good riddance.

Easy...Cos they serve a good product at a fair price, rather than the watery piss they pour into cones from those rip off vans around the site :(

One of the few food items at the whole festival that was actually worth what you paid for it ..

The price of being successful is you get booted out of the festival, regardless of your roots ?  Typical Britain really , get a kicking for making a success of your business..

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Russy, what's the craic. Do ye walk around wearing sack cloth and eating your own home grown granola bars muttering abuse at people walking down the street? Then acting confused when they ask you why. 

Please come to the efests meet. 

I used to wear clothes like that but it chaffed my nipples something rotten...

But this yeo valley is hateful company. It's bad enough having to hold my nose and tolerate michael eavis's barbaric dairy operation, but a dairy business the size of yeo valley and the mass industrialisation of live animals on that scale makes me shudder to imagine the horror of it all. Thank god they've been unceremoniously ditched.

The meet is always too early for me!

Just now, BeddyDriver said:

Easy...Cos they serve a good product at a fair price, rather than the watery piss they pour into cones from those rip off vans around the site :(

A few years ago I would have agreed with you regarding the Ice Cream vans.. But they changed the contract a couple years ago and the ones I used last year (at the top of the Pyramid Field) actually had a decent product at an acceptable price - I'm pretty sure they were cheaper than the ones that were on site 10+ years ago. Whereas over the years I've found Yeo Valley has both increased cost and decreased sizes so I rarely stopped there the last couple years(see also: Shaken Udder milkshakes) .

31 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I used to wear clothes like that but it chaffed my nipples something rotten...

But this yeo valley is hateful company. It's bad enough having to hold my nose and tolerate michael eavis's barbaric dairy operation, but a dairy business the size of yeo valley and the mass industrialisation of live animals on that scale makes me shudder to imagine the horror of it all. Thank god they've been unceremoniously ditched.

Come to the Thursday one then!

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I see.  When I last looked in that thread - admittedly 4 or 5 years ago, probably - it was just people going 'NFR NFC!  NFR NFC!' at each other.  Does the same sort of thing happen at the meet?

Nope, i generally swear a lot, get pissed, smoke too much then head to whatever the haps are that particular Thursday. 

I'm sure I saw a post the other day with comparison of whats included this year with ticket price compared to last year- eg lanyard, programme and the bag was not included in this years inclusion ... I guess no bag then, which is very very sad - I love my bag each year, part of the excitement of the festival

I guess the Guardian bags are going to be in even bigger demand this year - hoping they are tote bags and not rucksacks

52 minutes ago, russycarps said:

We'll get you a Sunday morning slot in the Glade, replacing the dearly departed Howard Marks.

Sunday Breakfast with Russycarps, reading anecdotes and excerpts from his autobiography, "Mr Miserable Bastard"

;)

16 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Nope, i generally swear a lot, get pissed, smoke too much then head to whatever the haps are.

And that differs from the Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday how exactly?

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What happens if someone shows up wanting to chant "NFR NFC!" for an hour?

Oh that's usually me running around desperate to be accepted by whatever group I'm around. Just shove a spliff in me gob and there's a good chance I might possibly shut the fuck up.