Glastonbury festival podcast

joshfordham

Hi everyone, I recently recorded a podcast with a couple of other guys from work just talking about all things Glastonbury.

Would love to hear your feedback or have any suggestions on what we can do to make it better.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-2017-podcast-shangri-la-fatboy-slim-and-queen-all-feature-on-the-glasto-podcasto/story-30317526-detail/story.html

In this episode we talk about the Shangri-La line-up, Fatboy Slim's recent comments and the likelihood of Queen headlining in 2020.

Hope you enjoy. 

Edited by joshfordham

I'm happy that this is out, been wanting a Glastonbury podcast for a few years. I'll give more feedback when I've listened, but one thing I would like from Somerset live in general when it comes to the festival is more credit being given to eFestivals when the source is an article or forum post from here. 

But I'm really glad you've done this. Hopefully I'll feel the same when I've listened!

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

30 minutes of calling people c**ts?

And we're DOOMED!

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Myself, CallyG and Mardy tried one a couple years ago.

How was it, dude? Is it online? Or didn't make it that far?

8 minutes ago, Kinders said:

I've just listened to the first two episodes which has mostly been lineup chat. What I would love to hear as a first time Glastonbury goer are tips, campsite advice and, must sees etc etc

Keep up the good work!

In that case make sure you listen to http://worthyfm.com/ on the way down.  Also, stick around here, that stuff is discussed a lot :)

17 hours ago, Wooderson said:

They were great on it. Dunno why we never published. Sound quality?

Yeah, the content was pretty good. Was the 3 of us and a friend who works there. The quality just wasn't good enough for is to release. We're all living in different locations and using voip just couldnt deliver the quality for a 4 way chat. If we could find a way to improve the quality, i'd be up for doing it again

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, the content was pretty good. Was the 3 of us and a friend who works there. The quality just wasn't good enough for is to release. We're all living in different locations and using voip just couldnt deliver the quality for a 4 way chat. If we could find a way to improve the quality, i'd be up for doing it again

The best way as far as I'm aware is to all have a separate local recording, then have the Skype chat, but don't record the call - merge the local recordings later.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:34 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm happy that this is out, been wanting a Glastonbury podcast for a few years. I'll give more feedback when I've listened, but one thing I would like from Somerset live in general when it comes to the festival is more credit being given to eFestivals when the source is an article or forum post from here. 

But I'm really glad you've done this. Hopefully I'll feel the same when I've listened!

Thanks! Will give the forum credit if we source anything from here.

Hope you enjoy.

Episode 3 and 4 are now on iTunes. (I was an idiot and forgot to tick the box to add episode 3 to my RSS feed).

Ep 3: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/glastonbury-festival-2017-podcast-3/id1228887400?i=1000385355518&mt=2

Ep 4: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/glastonbury-festival-2017-podcast-4/id1228887400?i=1000385357899&mt=2

We've also got a catchy new jingle we hope you guys like 

On 5/8/2017 at 2:45 PM, Kinders said:

I've just listened to the first two episodes which has mostly been lineup chat. What I would love to hear as a first time Glastonbury goer are tips, campsite advice and, must sees etc etc

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! We are hoping to talk more about that sort of stuff the closer we get to the festival. We should (hopefully) have the full line-up in a couple of weeks.

From this week I will try and add a topic on tips for festival goers :)

On 5/13/2017 at 10:37 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Also, I think a quiz a week is getting a bit much, especially when the subject matter is only tangendentally related to the festival and it takes up such a large proportion of the podcast.

Good work though, I listen with pleasure every week!

P.S. more coverage of the build!

Yeah I take your point with the quiz- it can be a bit lengthy.

And thanks glad you are enjoying it.

Great idea with the progress of the build- will try and get something in next week!