confirmed food vendors 2017

Mich1268

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Does anyone know of a place onsite where you can get really good chip-shop chips?

I know it's not particularly adventurous, but it's what I often crave and I'm yet to find a really decent fish and chop shop style chip anywhere - they're always a little bit on the hard side. I like em nice and big and soft! With a few crunchy ones in there to keep it interesting.

There was a place that did some very nice poncey triple cooked chips, expensive (about 4 quid?) but plenty and great. 

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

There was a place that did some very nice poncey triple cooked chips, expensive (about 4 quid?) but plenty and great. 

Thanks for the info, I will have to go exploring. I do tend to like things that have been deep fried multiple times.

6 hours ago, Skoo said:

Does anyone know of a place onsite where you can get really good chip-shop chips?

I know it's not particularly adventurous, but it's what I often crave and I'm yet to find a really decent fish and chop shop style chip anywhere - they're always a little bit on the hard side. I like em nice and big and soft! With a few crunchy ones in there to keep it interesting.

Hippy Chippy. 

There were a few over the site for the last few years, 3 different flavours all good

On 6/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, Slugworth said:

BurgerBear are in Block 9. Apparently one of the best burgers  in London. I will be checking them out for sure. I've never had a proper burger at a festival.

I can confirm they are fucking delish.

Hippy Chippy is back in business after a blip last year.

Flatbread place beside the coffee stall in Williams Green is proper tasty. 

Last time I was here there was a place that did amazing hog roast and  steak sandwiches. Ridiculously juicy and tasty. Pretty sure it was a black building/shack by the circus, but it doesn't seem to be around any more unfortunately.

On the other hand the new fried squid place is amazing.

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

I can confirm they are fucking delish.

Hippy Chippy is back in business after a blip last year.

Flatbread place beside the coffee stall in Williams Green is proper tasty. 

Had a nice chat with Buger bear Tom yesterday. I can also confirm their burgers are second to none. Seriously you have to get one down you. Tell them lewis sent you. 

So disappointed in the gravy train poutine place. Was looking forward to it and managed to get some on Sunday. Frozen shit chips, grated shit non melted cheese and bog standard gravy. Felt robbed. 

Le grande bouffe was the best I've ever had this year. Cheesy and lots of good bacon. Deeeelicious. 

Kathi roll from Ghandi's flip flop

Dosa from Indian Street food

Veggie chilli from Mexican at the Park

Masala Dhal from the Goan fish man

All great stodge to keep the legs dancing

I had a fantastic Lebanese coffee goats milk ice cream from near West Holts that was really tasty

Top 3 this year were wingmans buffalo wings, which I got lots of envious looks for, steak, chips and cheese in garlic butter from le rac shack and the condition duck, gotta cheese and red onion marmalade from go game in west Holt's (I had it without truffle oil, I am not sure if that makes me more or less middle class).

Honourable mentions to goan fish curry mackerel and dal and the jerk chicken at the park.

The breakfast from Green Bean just down the right hand side of the pyramid and towards the Other was lovely. 

The grazing shed burgers were also really good! I've never made it to their restaraunt in Cardiff but will have to know. They also did chips with cheese and marmite which were incredible.

43 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I had a fantastic Lebanese coffee goats milk ice cream from near West Holts that was really tasty

Mrs oneeye was addicted to these; bloody lovely.

The stone baked pizza place at top of William Green was excelent. 

Also strawberries and clotted cream place hit the spot.

Didn't have a bad meal all festival; puts a lot of food festivals to shame.

Top food this year:-

Burger from Holy Cow - Top of The Park - literallt melted in the mouth.

Oggie - Other stage - Couldnt finish the massive thing, right balance of pastry/filling.

CrabbieShack Soft shell crab sandwich - Between Other/Leftfield? - deeeeeelish

Katsu Chicken Curry - Pyramid - why didnt I try this last year

Meatball pizza - Williams Green - Luverly