confirmed food vendors 2017

Mich1268

2 hours ago, dimus said:

Is Smokestack at Glastonbury? Seem to remember it being in the Unfairground but could be mistaken as I've not been for a few years. Had a brisket burger from there at Boomtown. It saved me that day from a god awdul hangover.

Not there this year, I asked them a few weeks back. Gutting. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dimus said:

Is Smokestack at Glastonbury? Seem to remember it being in the Unfairground but could be mistaken as I've not been for a few years. Had a brisket burger from there at Boomtown. It saved me that day from a god awdul hangover.

Last year they were in the Main Markets, just down the main drag from Williams Green.

I believe someone previously posted that they're not doing Festivals this year, as they're concentrating on opening a new restaurant or something like that.

For me that's far bigger & worse news than anything to do with "the growler" which basically became something people buy because they'd been told that it's something people buy at Glastonbury, despite it being absolutely awful and expensive.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:06 PM, sneakydave said:

I have conducted some further research on your behalf. They are these people:

https://www.facebook.com/thegtpoutine/

I'm told they are between pyramid and other but I also know how much their pitch was and it seems far too cheap for that location so who knows really.

I am apparently doing a pub quiz with half of them this evening so I'm going to find out all about how food catering works at glasto. Very exciting.

Thanks to you and to @Divein - that's two places I will be checking out come next month! :D 

The Growler was fine. It's funny seeing people slate it in one breath here and then go on about the poutine/raclette places. They're both basically chips smothered in cheese with an optional bit of sausage/bacon. It's just one is the posh version.

(Works both ways though - no great loss either).

48 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The Growler was fine. It's funny seeing people slate it in one breath here and then go on about the poutine/raclette places. They're both basically chips smothered in cheese with an optional bit of sausage/bacon. It's just one is the posh version.

I can't speak for the poutine, but there's a world of difference from proper raclette done on a raclette grill and a fistful of grated Value Cheddar Style Product.

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But that's nowhere near Spaceport. Something else is going on!

well yeah it was in that article someone posted about cloud 9 and Saxon market which covers quite a broad area apparently, so if market bet other and silver haynes up routed I'm going with that cloud thingie stages/area is going there

19 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I love how snooty some peoppe here sound.... a growler darling?...whod want that!.....lots of people wanting to soak up the night befores alcohol...thats who!....if he hadnt been popular he wouldn't have come back year after year. Chips smothered in cheese can be very appealing when your pished! 

Spot on, I like many others will miss this establishment 

First time I had a Growler I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Went back the next year and the chips were cold, the bacon was fatty and the cheese wasn't melted. Never had one since.

They did do a decent hunters chicken thing though.

Sawdusty just mentioned German sausages.. Is there a German sausage stall on site. I can't remember ever seeing one.... 

When I'm hanging I need something easy to get down.. Last year the wife made me eat half a bloody chicken.. Took ages lol sausages are easy to get down.... 

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Sawdusty just mentioned German sausages.. Is there a German sausage stall on site. I can't remember ever seeing one.... 

When I'm hanging I need something easy to get down.. Last year the wife made me eat half a bloody chicken.. Took ages lol sausages are easy to get down.... 

Piggie Smalls does upmarket german sausages with added toppings. In West Holts next to the Brothers Bar. 

6 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Piggie Smalls does upmarket german sausages with added toppings. In West Holts next to the Brothers Bar. 

Cool Cool thanks.. I'll be checking them out 

The Gravy Train is amazing, they've only been going since last year and it's yummy. So yummy that I've booked them to do evening wedding food! Thriled they'll be there. If you get the chance, go visit. The food is cheap, good and tasty. I'll be paying them a visit at the Sheffield Food festival next weekend! 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

I don't think they were there last year, or at least I can't remember seeing them, but there was definitely a german themed one a couple years ago - either 2014 or 2015 or maybe both. It was quite near the Meeting Point, on the road towards the Cider Bus / Pyramid, and had quite a reasonable selection and quality with Bockwurst, Bratwurst, Currywurst, Krakauer, etc.

51 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

The Gravy Train is amazing, they've only been going since last year and it's yummy. So yummy that I've booked them to do evening wedding food! Thriled they'll be there. If you get the chance, go visit. The food is cheap, good and tasty. I'll be paying them a visit at the Sheffield Food festival next weekend! 

Are they at Glastonbury? If so and can we have a link?