confirmed food vendors 2017

Mich1268

8 minutes ago, VolumetricFox said:

A bit more on the demise of The Growler.  The comment "market removed and won't relocate" I wonder how many other regular vendors we won't see this year.

Only the shit ones. Not being the 1980s anymore, the Growler isn't needed in modern society.

This is just ignorant. Can't believe they charge people £5.90 for this. 

growler.jpg

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd always thought all the food near the other stage was pretty dreadful, but i had a fucking top notch Pad Thai there last time. Genuinely good, and one of the best, most authentic i'd had since living in Thailand. More of that, less of the growler and other assorted shit. I'm genuinely baffled by how burger vans and that make their money at Glastonbury. Who's buying it and why? 

Dorset blue soup company http://www.dorsetblue.com/soup-clcs arent going to be there this year, emailed them a while back and they said theyd love to but it just wasn't feasible this time financially (that together with the growler posting makes me wonder if glasto are indeed squeezing some popular venders out a bit) :( shame they were my goto for hangover food on the way back to the tent......a bowl of blue cheese and mushroom soup with a massive wedge of bread and that was all the alcohol soaked up ready for the next day!

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

I think alot of food traders took an absolute financial hammering last year. There was so much mud/water near some of them, nobody was going near them. I spoke to the lady that runs Grand Bouffe later in the summer, and she was still visibly upset about Glastonbury.

At the best of times, catering is a fucking hard way to make your money, let alone with last years' conditions.

on an unrelated note, i hope the hippy chippy have had their arse kicked. Absolute travesty last year compared to previously.

39 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Dorset blue soup company http://www.dorsetblue.com/soup-clcs arent going to be there this year, emailed them a while back and they said theyd love to but it just wasn't feasible this time financially (that together with the growler posting makes me wonder if glasto are indeed squeezing some popular venders out a bit) :( shame they were my goto for hangover food on the way back to the tent......a bowl of blue cheese and mushroom soup with a massive wedge of bread and that was all the alcohol soaked up ready for the next day!

Haven't been for a couple of years I think now? Agree the soup was the business. Great toasties too. Best on site.

Funny, thats one of that Waterfall guys favourites too.....

32 minutes ago, Mardy said:

on an unrelated note, i hope the hippy chippy have had their arse kicked. Absolute travesty last year compared to previously.

Yes hopefully they've learned their lesson. Very handy grab n go food.

Edited by The Nal

33 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I think alot of food traders took an absolute financial hammering last year. There was so much mud/water near some of them, nobody was going near them. I spoke to the lady that runs Grand Bouffe later in the summer, and she was still visibly upset about Glastonbury.

Would have thought that bulking out their plates with bread last year would have stabilised their profit margin.

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Haven't been for a couple of years I think now? Agree the soup was the business. Great toasties too. Best on site.

Funny, thats one of that Waterfall guys favourites too.....

Yes hopefully they've learned their lesson. Very handy grab n go food.

Not suprised ive heard a lot of people talking them up before, whats better for soaking up the booze then bread and cheesey soup? Had no idea about last year I didnt go. Guess theyve been out of the picture for a while then

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

5 hours ago, VolumetricFox said:

A bit more on the demise of The Growler.  The comment "market removed and won't relocate" I wonder how many other regular vendors we won't see this year.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1350595538363505&id=357285737694495

chrome_2017-05-16_09-35-08.png

Sad day, as much as there may be better priced, higher quality places this is still the best hangover cure on site for me

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

Have to admit, after hearing all the hype on here about Hippy Chippy, I tried it last year and didn't get it. Was just a bunch of home cooked chips with herbs thrown on?

Still went back for 2 more portions though. 

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

At the best of times, catering is a fucking hard way to make your money, let alone with last years' conditions.

Completely agree- went from gold (previous years)  to total shit last year- smaller portions and probably using potatoes they scavenged from the bins of a local chippy the week before. A shocking decline. 

I guess food trader attrition is nothing new, though it still hurts that the Garlic Kitchen are no longer on the road past Williams Green, and they have been gone for the best part of 5 years. Annie Mae's mac and cheese was great last year, glad to hear they will be back. I hear a rumour that the WI cake stall will not be returning which is slightly saddening. 

4 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Have to admit, after hearing all the hype on here about Hippy Chippy, I tried it last year and didn't get it. Was just a bunch of home cooked chips with herbs thrown on?

Still went back for 2 more portions though. 

They were the best chips on site the previous years, and very generously portioned. Nice way to full up if you were still hungry. Last year they seemed to halve the size, keep the price the same and just didn't taste nice at all- seemed to be a lot of green potatoes used too, so I suspect they went for a cheaper race of potato.

Edited by Mr.Tease

42 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

They were the best chips on site the previous years, and very generously portioned. Nice way to full up if you were still hungry. Last year they seemed to halve the size, keep the price the same and just didn't taste nice at all- seemed to be a lot of green potatoes used to, so I suspect they went for a cheaper potato too. 

Out with the dinner portions, in with the side portions.

Out with the Maris Pipers, in with the rotting Roosters.

Out with the goosefat, in with the cheapo catering oil. 

The herbs were woody and uncooked.

They were making too many portions at once so they were sat out getting all cold and soggy. 

A fucking unmitigated disaster all round. 

Edited by The Nal