Slowdive

JAlexander191

My one big wish for the full lineup.  I'm hoping the only reason they weren't on the initial poster is because they have already been announced for some smaller festivals over here, that still need to sell.

Sunset on the Park stage would be perfect, but could see them on JP/Other.

Yeah, I've never really been a big fan of Slowdive (honestly I preferred the work they did with Mojave 3) but this new album is totally hitting the spot this morning. 

After giving it a bit of a rest due to caning it when it leaked, I've gone back to this album and am still astounded at just how good it is. Honestly never been too in to Slowdive (liked 'em enough but not a huge fan) but I think this is currently sitting at the top of my AOTY list. Been playing it over and over and it's just brilliant - exactly the type of shoegaze album I've been hoping to hear for some time (and, imo, a better return than mbv).

Half wanting them to be on the lineup as I'd love to see these songs played live but half apprehensive as it'd undoubtedly just mean another clash. Pissed I didn't catch them in Liverpool not long ago.

Have seen them a couple of times since they reformed (a big fan - username might be a give away) and can honestly say they put on exceptional live shows. Would be a great addition.

Edited by 40 Days

Aye, the new album is great. I was a little sceptical (as I am with most reforming bands) but they've really proved me wrong. Star Roving is colossal - probably my favourite song so far this year :)

Supposed to be seeing them in Oxford on the 2nd but they're playing Field Day too so I may have a ticket up for sale when stage times come out for anyone who's interested... will let you know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...