Sign in to follow this  
JAlexander191

Slowdive

Sorry if already mentioned.

New album out (it's great), free over Glastonbury weekend...

Would love to see them on The Park!

I mean...

I literally just out on the album as my brother said "this is the music I listened to when you were two..."

Absolutely brilliant so far. Honestly can't fault it

Yep new album is incredible. Not really a band song on there imo. Don't think they're gonna be on the lineup myself but am hoping they are.

I've been listening to it the last couple of days. Really good stuff. 

My one big wish for the full lineup.  I'm hoping the only reason they weren't on the initial poster is because they have already been announced for some smaller festivals over here, that still need to sell.

Sunset on the Park stage would be perfect, but could see them on JP/Other.

If I can see Radiohead, The National, Flaming Lips and Slowdive over the course of one weekend I will be very happy.

The new albums is great as well, especially enjoy Slomo, a great way to open an album after 22 years.

Yeah, I've never really been a big fan of Slowdive (honestly I preferred the work they did with Mojave 3) but this new album is totally hitting the spot this morning. 

After giving it a bit of a rest due to caning it when it leaked, I've gone back to this album and am still astounded at just how good it is. Honestly never been too in to Slowdive (liked 'em enough but not a huge fan) but I think this is currently sitting at the top of my AOTY list. Been playing it over and over and it's just brilliant - exactly the type of shoegaze album I've been hoping to hear for some time (and, imo, a better return than mbv).

Half wanting them to be on the lineup as I'd love to see these songs played live but half apprehensive as it'd undoubtedly just mean another clash. Pissed I didn't catch them in Liverpool not long ago.

• Upvote 1

Have seen them a couple of times since they reformed (a big fan - username might be a give away) and can honestly say they put on exceptional live shows. Would be a great addition.

Edited by 40 Days

I would love them to play, still waiting for the album in the post but songs I've heard on the radio sound great.

Looking at their tour the weekend is free, in Germany on the weekend before and Denmark week after

Star Roving literally makes me feel like I'm hurtling through the galaxy at 100x the speed of light. It's the most aptly named song of all time. 

Aye, the new album is great. I was a little sceptical (as I am with most reforming bands) but they've really proved me wrong. Star Roving is colossal - probably my favourite song so far this year :)

Supposed to be seeing them in Oxford on the 2nd but they're playing Field Day too so I may have a ticket up for sale when stage times come out for anyone who's interested... will let you know.

I've just put it back on. This album is fucking gorgeous in parts and quite propulsive in others. Would def like to see live.

Ironic this thread pops up after I listen to the new album for the first time. Really like it on first spin, so much so I've just put it straight back on again. 

Blanck Mass supporting on the tour which is right good news as we get to hear two of the AOTY in the same evening