Potentially emotional moments

swede

I've just been sat up watching Florence from 2015 and during a few songs got a lump in my throat, that being coupled with that over the last few days I've been daydreaming while listening to artists I will be seeing at Glasto about hearing some of the songs live at Glasto, its made me realise that this Glasto could be a very emotional one for me.

Me and the wife couldn't go last year so its been two years since our last visit, and 2015 wasn't a vintage year by any means, we saw some great stuff but my own foolish overindulgence and bad decision making near the end of the festival and afterwards honestly nearly ruined everything good in my life the weeks after the festival, but I wont go into too much detail about that.

I can potentially see just being there getting to me at certain points this year, plus there's a few songs I can see hitting me hard.......

The XX - Angel - I was nearly in tears seeing this in Nottingham early this year so cant imagine what it at Glasto will be like

London Grammer - Sights

Biffy Clyro - Machines - always makes me miss my Nanna

Ed Sheeran - Bloodstream - I'm not a big fan by any stretch but have agreed to watch him as the wife wants to see him, it was played a lot on the radio in 2015 during my low point and still gets me now when I hear it.

What about you guys, what has the potential this year to have you blubbing like a baby

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untz said:

Future Islands - Cave

It doesn't matter how Sam or the crowd will be acting; I'll be having my moment. 

I know how that feels. Metallica - The Unforgiven - 2014 - I had to step away from the group I was with as I was the only big Metallica fan in our group, it was an absolute dream seeing them there, and that song hit me hard

19 minutes ago, swede said:

I can potentially see just being there getting to me at certain points this year...

I've got quite a large and special crowd coming along this year, several for the first time, and seeing us all together, with the reactions of the newbies to the incredible apparition of Heaven on Earth, will easily set me off for probably several minutes each day of the fest. Lets really hope we'll have the continuing excuse of the notorious Glasto dust-in-the-eyes effect to fall back on! :)

I imagine I'll lose it at some stage during Radiohead, probably as soon as they come out.

In the 10 years I've been going it's been my dream to see them on the Pyramid, and after missing out in the main sale I thought I'd missed my chance, but luckily managed to blag a ticket in the resale.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm a notorious weeper and ot happens at Glastonbury as regular as clockwork, but as it stands there's nothing on the bill stone cold guaranteed to get me.

Possibly #RightBazza if he's smashing it and starts talking about how he had three younger brothers and they're now all dead.

Wait till Peter Hook starts going on about how his lifelong friend stole his band off him, which left him destitute and heading for the high court. Such a sad story.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Haha....is that genuinely likely at Hacienda Classical?  Will Bez talk about the electoral failure of tge Reality Party?

Nothing would shock me to be honest. When I went to see Hac classical at Castlefield, it was the day Caroline Aherne passed away. There was not a peep out of Hooky about it. Seems he was saving any titbits for his book. 

Bez will have been out all night, I doubt he will be capable of speaking at that time :rofl:

Not a tune....

One of my old clubbing friends who went to glastonbury 3 times passed away in January through cancer. She felt good in october, bought a ticket for the festival. I hadnt seen her for a couple of years, but we all planned to meet up. In january she sadly deteriorated quickly. Left behind a 4 year old boy.

Her close friends are still going, we are all meeting up & I expect tears to be shed when we raise a drink to her.

There is a funky house DJ on thursday night in the spaceport. Im going to suggest going there. If Red Carpet alight gets played & a mixed group of 10/12 are uncontrollably crying - that will be us.

• Upvote 23

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not a tune....

One of my old clubbing friends who went to glastonbury 3 times passed away in January through cancer. She felt good in october, bought a ticket for the festival. I hadnt seen her for a couple of years, but we all planned to meet up. In january she sadly deteriorated quickly. Left behind a 4 year old boy.

Her close friends are still going, we are all meeting up & I expect tears to be shed when we raise a drink to her.

There is a funky house DJ on thursday night in the spaceport. Im going to suggest going there. If Red Carpet alight gets played & a mixed group of 10/12 are uncontrollably crying - that will be us.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not a tune....

That's terrible. Very sorry for you. I hope you manage to celebrate the memory of your friend. We should all raise a glass/have a dance to lost friends at Glastonbury. 

Edited by semmtexx
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

15 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

That's terrible. Very sorry for you. I hope you manage to celebrate the memory of your friend. We should all raise a glass to lost friends at Glastonbury. 

She isnt someone I knew that well, but for 3/4 years (2008-12) we all went to clubs & afterparties together, we had some laughs. Always such a welcoming girl. I hadnt really seen her much since 2012, but was very sad to hear of her passing.

Her close friends had a struggle with whether to come this year. Its probably a good thing it wasnt pete tongs orchestra playing. She had adagio for strings at her funeral. I wasnt there, but I'd still be in bits.

• Upvote 1