How big is your sack?

sloseph

I need to buy a new rucksack and i'm not sure what size to get, my last one was 75L but I really can't think why I'd need something that big

I'm thinking of going 45L but I'm not sure 

So what size do you lot use and what sort of stuff are you bringing? 

I've got a 65L one. In there I'll have my tent (no straps underneath the bag for it) airbed, a spare hoody and shorts, clean pants and some morning remedies. 

Rest of the space will be taken up by as much beer as I can physically carry. 

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

That's a pretty personal question for a festival forum.

I feel once we all shared phillipa's Van any topic was safe 

My tent is still in England and is being brought by a kind member of our team that's driving down so that doesn't need to be in the bag,

I've also realised that I'm not taking a chair or my big old camping bed this year so that frees up a lot of space I would have normally been bringing 

So in conclusion it's probably just going to have a sleeping bag, my clothes and a plastic bottle of Brennivín so a 45L should do 

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

45L for sleeping bag, clothes, wash stuff, suncream for 7 days. It's all I can carry. Although tent, chair and a small amount of booze will go on my little folding trolley that I can lift on and off the train.

That's perfect thanks 

After last year I forgot suncream was an essential, I'll add that to my list of things to buy 

Just now, sloseph said:

That's perfect thanks 

After last year I forgot suncream was an essential, I'll add that to my list of things to buy 

Yup,  lots of burnt people last year despite what seemed like constant rain. Always wear sunscreen, folks, even when it's cloudy. I speak from bitter, blistered-shouldered experience!!

Always taken a 30L but in doing that I would have to carry my sleeping bag, tent and have an extra couple of shoulder bags with bits and bobs in them. Which is a ballache. So this year I have bought an 85L with loads of straps for sleeping bag, tent etc. It's going to make a big difference to me. Can't wait to pack it.

26 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Can't help you with sack sizes because I've got a Monty Bus but I can offer space in Monty Bus for a box of that there cider you had last year, ping us if you want an order placing :)

Cheers cock, I've not even begun thinking about drink yet but when i can get my brain into that gear I will give you a shout :-)

To be fair the bars are going to feel like an absolute bargain in comparison to what we pay for a pint here 

65L. Also bring a daypack which I wear at the front in transit and an army bag with my tent and some other bits and pieces. I don't travel light....    The main packpack has my Wellingtons inside and a roley mat on top. Sleeping bag fits in the backpack.

I recently bought an Osprey Farpoint 70 (mainly for travelling) but I'd highly recommend it.

It is actually a 55L main bag with a 15L day rucksack that zips to the front of the main bag. Has loads of useful features too!

Its not top loaded which makes it a shit tonne more convenient too.

45 with stuff tied on.

Mrs got an 85 last year and I ended up carrying the bloody thing

Also got a trolley for the bulky stuff. 

Will be two trips...Grrr