Really cheap cider at Asda

fightoffyour

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whisky on offer as well in taunton store Aberfeldy 12 year old malt 18 quid a bottle bought one but doubt it will last until June 

Might take another trip weekend and get a few more if any left

If you see the 10 packs of thatchers that are in polythene packs of 20 they self scan as a 10 pack did this a while ago and didn't notice till I checked receipt when I got home .

2 minutes ago, cidy said:

If you see the 10 packs of thatchers that are in polythene packs of 20 they self scan as a 10 pack did this a while ago and didn't notice till I checked receipt when I got home .

duh will have to have a word with my colleagues ... after you have picked up a pack of course :)

15 minutes ago, macaloon said:

Went to another Asda in my area and came up trumps.. 2 boxes of Thatchers and a 24 slab of Bulmers.

Now to not drink them before the festival..  :D

This.

My Dad has bet me £50 that i'll get stuck in in the next 6 1/2 weeks

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

This is madness, wish I'd seen this today I've been passed loads of Asda's in smaller towns. I'm working next to one in a tiny (and utterly shite) suburb of Birmingham from 8am tomorrow. Worth a look you reckon or unlikely?

will try and post on here in the morning if we have any in our store and wether there were overnight deliveries ... just need to work out how to sign in on my mobile now ..

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

will try and post on here in the morning if we have any in our store and wether there were overnight deliveries ... just need to work out how to sign in on my mobile now ..

Great stuff, will keep an eye out!

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This is madness, wish I'd seen this today I've been passed loads of Asda's in smaller towns. I'm working next to one in a tiny (and utterly shite) suburb of Birmingham from 8am tomorrow. Worth a look you reckon or unlikely?

Which utterly shite suburb of Birmingham are you in? I'm sure that there's a very big school of people who would say that the whole of Birmingham is shite - you'll probably find some real Brummies among that lot too. However, I like the Kings Heath and Moseley areas of Birmingham. Every other suburban area of Birmingham I can think of fails quite spectacularly, for a variety of reasons. There really are some fucking hellish places to live - not just broken down places, but also 'clinical' places, segregated places, even posh places etc etc. 

The semi-praise for Birmingham apart, I may actually be ignoring the place soon and moving away from it. Last time I tried that was spending an academic year and part of the first term of a second year, going to Essex University. That wasn't a success. I notice that you are from the Black Country? Do you know much about Stourbridge? It's just that my wife wants us to move there. I'm game enough to go there, but just wondered if there was a suburb or two that a person in the know would recommend? No worries if you don't know about the place, as I'll be looking in to it in detail prior to moving anyway. I'll be buying a house there so I don't want to fuck up.

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Which utterly shite suburb of Birmingham are you in? I'm sure that there's a very big school of people who would say that the whole of Birmingham is shite - you'll probably find some real Brummies among that lot too. However, I like the Kings Heath and Moseley areas of Birmingham. Every other suburban area of Birmingham I can think of fails quite spectacularly, for a variety of reasons. There really are some fucking hellish places to live - not just broken down places, but also 'clinical' places, segregated places, even posh places etc etc. 

The semi-praise for Birmingham apart, I may actually be ignoring the place soon and moving away from it. Last time I tried that was spending an academic year and part of the first term of a second year, going to Essex University. That wasn't a success. I notice that you are from the Black Country? Do you know much about Stourbridge? It's just that my wife wants us to move there. I'm game enough to go there, but just wondered if there was a suburb or two that a person in the know would recommend? No worries if you don't know about the place, as I'll be looking in to it in detail prior to moving anyway. I'll be buying a house there so I don't want to fuck up.

I work in some pretty run-down areas of Brum such as Handsworth, Tyseley and Bordesley Green (where I am tomorrow) with college students. It's a shame how bad it is at times, really. I witness some bizarre ongoings and pretty scary behaviour from the students. 

Strangely enough, I lived in Moseley and Kings Norton (near Kings Heath) for 4 years recently. Loved Moseley especially, really nice hidden-gem pubs and, on the whole, nice community. Where abouts are you? 

Stourbridge? Funny you should ask - I am Stourbridge born-and-bred and still live there now!

Depending on budget, there are some very nice houses in Hagley, Pedmore and most parts of Norton. All depends what you're after! There are good and not so good areas dotted about, much like any town/city! 

Feel free to drop me a message if you're unsure on anywhere!

Edited by Stokesy10

48 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I work in some pretty run-down areas of Brum such as Handsworth, Tyseley and Bordesley Green (where I am tomorrow) with college students. It's a shame how bad it is at times, really. I witness some bizarre ongoings and pretty scary behaviour from the students. 

Strangely enough, I lived in Moseley and Kings Norton (near Kings Heath) for 4 years recently. Loved Moseley especially, really nice hidden-gem pubs and, on the whole, nice community. Where abouts are you? 

Stourbridge? Funny you should ask - I am Stourbridge born-and-bred and still live there now!

Depending on budget, there are some very nice houses in Hagley, Pedmore and most parts of Norton. All depends what you're after! There are good and not so good areas dotted about, much like any town/city! 

You have indeed mentioned some less desirable places to be. I'm actually living in Stirchley right now. Not an area that shouts out 'desirable' but this little bit where we are is fun. We get on with the other shop keepers, staff and patients from the mental health unit across the road, local drug dealers (which we don't use), members of the public etc

Looks like I've struck gold in asking you about Stourbridge. Thanks ever so much for the offer of informational assistance if I'm unsure of any where. I'll probably take you up on that offer. Will send you a PM when I've done a bit of my own research, and narrowed things down a bit. The sale of my own house in Kings Heath is going to take longer to complete than a normal house sale, because of a leasehold / freehold issue.  So, it might be a couple of months before I really start looking in detail. 

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

sorry guys off sick today ... so can't check I'm afraid :(

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hang on, you're not from Stoke?