Site Improvements 2017

stopwn1981

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think much of the issues last year were people taking f*****d 20 year old caravans which were disintegrating in the mud.  Hopefully they are all in caravan heaven now, or at the Bath and Wells showground (is that caravan hell?) ;) 

Just now, dj_tim said:

They need more metal tracks. Remember hearing a rumour last year that a load got stuck at Download so Glastonbury was left short.

They've got loads more metal tracks this year - Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror etc etc

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Please will you? :P

Well I'm not sure I can add anything that has not already been covered. but:

• Yes there was drainage work in the market area, Cider bus crossroad and Pyramid back stage.
  • Yes they have put hardcore on all the exits off the railway track e.g. to the pirate ship, permaculture, SE corner get ins/outs.
  • Michael's track from his house to the crossroads has had potholes filled in. The roads around the site have had potholes filled at the sides e.g.Cockmill Lane.
  • There is a mahooosive pile of wood chip stuff (smells amazing!) on the fence line near Glebe.
  • The track at the back of the Park/Stone Cirlce fields have had the potholes filled
  • The ground at the moment is rock hard. Had to change from Trail to road shoes these last few weeks. The dust being kicked up by the tractors makes you choke and eyes water.

I'll think of more once posted but that's a start.

30 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

• Yes there was drainage work in the market area, Cider bus crossroad and Pyramid back stage.
  • Yes they have put hardcore on all the exits off the railway track e.g. to the pirate ship, permaculture, SE corner get ins/outs.
  • Michael's track from his house to the crossroads has had potholes filled in. The roads around the site have had potholes filled at the sides e.g.Cockmill Lane.
  • There is a mahooosive pile of wood chip stuff (smells amazing!) on the fence line near Glebe.
  • The track at the back of the Park/Stone Cirlce fields have had the potholes filled
  • The ground at the moment is rock hard. Had to change from Trail to road shoes these last few weeks. The dust being kicked up by the tractors makes you choke and eyes water.

Thanks Dee :D

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

has the slope from the other stage to railway track had any hardcore down ? I have memories of it being quite rutted last year 

Hate that slope, its just steep enough I'm sure I'll faceplant walking down it one day.  Never have but its just a bit too steep IMHO.

5 hours ago, siblin said:

I think much of the issues last year were people taking f*****d 20 year old caravans which were disintegrating in the mud.  Hopefully they are all in caravan heaven now, or at the Bath and Wells showground (is that caravan hell?) ;) 

The problem wasn't caravans so much as sparkly new motorhomes which have crap traction - usually front wheel drive but with all the weight at the back. I took my ten year old very big twin axle caravan and towed it in and out with no problems.

1 hour ago, dj_tim said:

They need more metal tracks. Remember hearing a rumour last year that a load got stuck at Download so Glastonbury was left short.

And hopefully the tractors towing people will actually use them rather than bypass them and dig a 6 foot by 3 foot trench across the field

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

As bad as you make this sound... this is what I want...

13 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

The problem wasn't caravans so much as sparkly new motorhomes which have crap traction - usually front wheel drive but with all the weight at the back. I took my ten year old very big twin axle caravan and towed it in and out with no problems.

Not so much the vehicles as the numpties driving them, I got my FWD MH in and out of E16 no problem whilst others had been stuck for hours.

bit of route planning on foot followed by gently gently easy on the throttle, keep it moving and I went around all the stuck people and out onto the road no problem.

flooring it and spinning your wheels just gets you stuck.

getting in wasn't fun because the marshalls who all looked 12 kept walking in front of me when I really needed to keep my momentum up on the wet grass, bear in mind it was 3am and pissing it down it was a recipe for accidents.

11 hours ago, nodolphie said:

Hate that slope, its just steep enough I'm sure I'll faceplant walking down it one day.  Never have but its just a bit too steep IMHO.

We call it "bash yer fanny hill" as I saw a girl in 2009 fall down face first on the hlil.  Everytime she tried to get up she sort of caterpillered down a bit more in a rutting fashion.  Small things, but I laugh everytime I get there ad announce loudly that we've arrived at "bash yer fanny hill".

14 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

If I remember I'll go that way on my evening run and ave a butchers for you. 

Dee girl can you please  check that no one has pitch up at my camping site as you're on that run.. Lol