Site Improvements 2017

stopwn1981

After what can only be described as challenging ground conditions last year, does anyone in the know have any ideas if there are any changes in approach/improvements to combat similar weather conditions in the run up? I have heard that the junction by the cider bus has been firmed up - it was certainly a mess last year!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the winter there were improvements to the drainage in the fields either side of the drag going from Yeoman's Bridge up to the railway track. I saw the work in progress myself . Am hoping they also went a bit higher up the hill and did some work in CN Field..... We actually had a spring 10m above our gaff last year!

I'm sure other work will have been done as well.

When I was on site in February there were several drainage excavations going on all over the site, most notably in the area to the left of the Pyramid (as you look at it), I think where the vendors are. I guess it must be a nightmare trying to get all of the vehicles out of the mud after they've been planted in the ground for a week

2 minutes ago, not worthy said:

No Adele, or Coldplay, or Muse....the site should feel much better

Well this year we will have all the tears and blood from the slit wrist when Radiohead play.... ground is going to get fucked! :D

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

I don't think there were many other years that were hours away from being cancelled like last year was

that was mainly due to the amount fo rain before hand, if that would have happened in 04 or 05 then I think it would have been cancelled. but even the great flood didn't stop the fun 

14 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I don't think there were many other years that were hours away from being cancelled like last year was

How close we talking?!?

I was on site from the tues and i didn't think it was actually that bad!!

Just now, Stooonami said:

How close we talking?!?

I was on site from the tues and i didn't think it was actually that bad!!

I've heard from a couple of good sources that the threat was very real, but maybe @eFestivals can shed some light on it. I think it was more the fact that a number of critical access routes were under water or too boggy, not the overall site in general.

3 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Over the winter there were improvements to the drainage in the fields either side of the drag going from Yeoman's Bridge up to the railway track. I saw the work in progress myself . Am hoping they also went a bit higher up the hill and did some work in CN Field..... We actually had a spring 10m above our gaff last year!

I'm sure other work will have been done as well.

IMG_1879.JPG