How many times have you been to Glastonbury! POLL

Deadendfriends8

Glastonbury count  

467 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you been to Glastonbury!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, OG said:

This is gong to end up with no conclusion. I voted sans this year, others will be more sensible and read the first few posts and then post. @Deadendfriends8  start over if only for my own sanity

But we already have 259 votes. We can't start again :(

Looks like lots of newbies going.. Think us vets should get to get our tickets early.... I mean stands to reason we need to get our tickets first cos we're old and might not make the next one....... Great thinking that.. 

My first was 2013 - my kids took me to celebrate my 60th birthday, What a bonus, as it was Stones year (my all time favourite band). Absolutely loved it, so went again last year, and have also got tickets this year. For a while I was going on my own, as I bought a single coach ticket in the resale. Luckily, one of my sons got 4 more tickets in the normal resale, so at least I have somebody to hang around with

This will be 15. Missed 2003 as away travelling. First was sixth form. We bought tickets on my mum's credit card on the Tuesday before. Headed down to collect it from Castle Cary train station on the Friday morning. Remember arriving as Bjorn Again could be heard on the Pyramid.

Best 2010 or 2013. Worst (well, least enjoyable) 2005 due to Friday tent flooding and having no wellies (lesson learned!) for the Friday.

Litter picking this year to make sure that I get to my 20th festival since 1985. 

The votes so far show a good spread which I guess represents the good spread of age groups on site. 

It would be much appreciated if you could keep the pyramid field clean to make my shifts go quicker. 

Thanks in advance. 

18 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

But I cheat and count Glastonbury -2 and -1 in my list as these two inspired what became Glastonbury

bath-blues-flyer-69.jpg

Bath%20Festival%201970_zpsflrdhyks.jpg

Would still be happy to see a fair few of these today.

I love that yellow and blue poster and have considered getting a print. But the way the Bath & West showground font slopes upwards plays all sorts of merry hell with OCD tendencies. 

Festivals owe a lot to Fred Bannister.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Bannister

I cut my musical teeth on the US West Coast bands he brought over for his weekly shows at Bath Pavillion

Edited by grumpyhack