Ride

zico martin

Ok perhaps I am lazy but I did have a look at it seems there isn't a thread for Ride on here yet. So what's everyone's thoughts on where they are playing (think I saw Park mentioned) and more importantly when. I'd love to see them again 28 years since last time.

Discuss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Ok perhaps I am lazy but I did have a look at it seems there isn't a thread for Ride on here yet. So what's everyone's thoughts on where they are playing (think I saw Park mentioned) and more importantly when. I'd love to see them again 28 years since last time.

Discuss

I think Friday Park headliners.

They have Friday down on Mark Gardener's website and IIRC they liked someone's post about hoping they played in the Park after dark or something. It's a little convoluted but I think it's a pretty agreeable slot - although their crowd is gonna be decimated by the other OX4 boiz on at the same time.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Friday Park headliners.

They have Friday down on Mark Gardener's website and IIRC they liked someone's post about hoping they played in the Park after dark or something. It's a little convoluted but I think it's a pretty agreeable slot - although their crowd is gonna be decimated by the other OX4 boiz on at the same time.

Yes I feared something like this but how can they possibly be headliner size?  And if they do have enough people my age there to justify such a slot why can't they just play Sunday when there's no one else good on? 

9 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Yes I feared something like this but how can they possibly be headliner size?  And if they do have enough people my age there to justify such a slot why can't they just play Sunday when there's no one else good on? 

They could headline Park easy peasy. Sunday night would be a better fit for them tbh as there seems to be a lot of old duffers at a loose end B) but if they're heading up Park it's Friday night. If they're not, then it's wherever I s'pose.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I was sure I saw this being discussed somewhere but I'm going blank again.

I haven't seen it nowhere.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Disaster if they're up against Radiohead.

Could they be fourth down on Pyramid?

No chance they're gonna be on the Pyramid - mid/high Other maybe or even high John Peel, but I think them headlining the Park is more than likely right.

Would love to see Ride but if they clash with Radiohead then I won't be able to. Be great if they headline The Park Sunday night as I do not have a Sunday headliner to watch yet.

2 hours ago, sime said:

Would love to see Ride but if they clash with Radiohead then I won't be able to. Be great if they headline The Park Sunday night as I do not have a Sunday headliner to watch yet.

Now there's a good solution....that would be brilliant to finish  the festival to the strains of Leave Them All Behind.

2 hours ago, sime said:

6 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Now there's a good solution....that would be brilliant to finish  the festival to the strains of Leave Them All Behind.

Sunday Park headliner is Kano according to Neil.

31 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Sunday Park headliner is Kano according to Neil.

Well if that's the case then I'll probably end the festival at West Holts. Always a good party going on over there :)