Ride

zico martin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2017 at 10:44 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

That's my new favourite RIDE song.

It's my favourite new Ride song! Still not going to beat Taste. The intro reminds me of Love is Noise, which is the only Verve song I actually like. Mark Gardener's really kept his voice in good nick too.

Edited by Homer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Ride covered Revolution by Spacemen 3 tonight; I would tell my mates about it but unfortunately I won't be able to hear them for about six weeks

I went too, it was a great gig - good to see them up close.

Expect lots of new songs at Glasto, their new album is out on friday!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see their JP set? We had a clash with Kate Tempest and opted for her (which was wonderful) but just watched it back on iplayer and they only had a 36 minute recording. Did they chop a load out or were Ride on for a very short time? I remember them chopping the Beck set on iplayer last year and being cheesed off about that then - is this the same deal? Annoying if so - what's the point of that?

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not watched it yet but Ride must have played for about 50 mins? Started with lannay point and finished with vapour trail if that helps. Were pretty good - though the pre-new material gigs were better!

They must have chopped it then. I don't remember seeing Charm Assault in the iplayer playback, which would seem a bit off - mind you I just looked at setlist.fm and it isn't listed on there either. They must have cut some of it though (maybe Weather Diaries was one - think it goes straight from Seagull to Like a Daydream) Was a little sad to miss them, but have seen them loads so it was a fairly easy decision. Cutting short the iplayer sets is a total mystery to me though. They must have recorded it all, why not show it all?

20 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

They must have chopped it then. I don't remember seeing Charm Assault in the iplayer playback, which would seem a bit off - mind you I just looked at setlist.fm and it isn't listed on there either. They must have cut some of it though (maybe Weather Diaries was one - think it goes straight from Seagull to Like a Daydream) Was a little sad to miss them, but have seen them loads so it was a fairly easy decision. Cutting short the iplayer sets is a total mystery to me though. They must have recorded it all, why not show it all?

It seems to happen randomly. I'd guess technical issues meant they were unhappy with some of the sound quality and didn't have the budget for a good edit that included the well recorded songs.