NEWBIE HELP!

JamesDoyle

So it's my first time going to Reading festival, I have a couple of questions, firstly my ticket holder name isn't my name but my dads, secondly I'm only 16 is it easy to bring alcohol if so where can I hide it, and lastly I'm picking up my gcses in the morning and it will take me 1 or 2 hours to get there... can anyone please answer these questions thank you!

It's no problem that your dads name is on it. Make sure any alcohol you bring isn't in glass bottles and have them near the bottom, maybe wrapped up in clothes and your sleeping bag, you could put some in with your tent too. If you want to be in a camp closer to the arena then you might be able to find a small spot for you and another tent or two but if you're camping in a big group and want a circle of tents then you might be better off camping in white.

On 5/3/2017 at 0:33 AM, JamesDoyle said:

So it's my first time going to Reading festival, I have a couple of questions, firstly my ticket holder name isn't my name but my dads, secondly I'm only 16 is it easy to bring alcohol if so where can I hide it, and lastly I'm picking up my gcses in the morning and it will take me 1 or 2 hours to get there... can anyone please answer these questions thank you!

I've been going to Reading since 2011, I've been searched each time I've entered the festival and ID'd if I had alcohol on me. Don't spend loads on booze just incase you don't get it in. Your best bet is to kindly ask someone older (and friendly looking) if they would carry your alcohol in for you. (I am not condoning this, just suggesting an idea from my previous experience) The ticket holder name will be fine. Be safe and have an awesome time!

I found reading to be the worst for getting alcohol in. We weren't trying to hide anything, being in our 30s and fairly sober, and we asked a female security guard for plastic bottles to decant our rum into. The jumped up little Hitler sneakily beckoned us in, then confiscated our two bottles, saying that we were trying to bring glass in. When we argued she called over her 6ft 6 inch bully colleague who threatened to throw us out. It took us about an hour, and the help of a camp manager (or whatever they're called), who was disgusted with the way that we had been treated), to get our drink back and be allowed to decant it. 

Lesson learned, don't expect to be treated like an adult, especially as you're only 16.