Who would you add from previous years

ramragon

Been a lot of talk about the quality of this year's line up, if you could sub in an act from previous year who would it be ? Plus what headliner would you bring back from previous years to improve the card ?

Who knows it may give the organisers ideas for next year !

I'd swap some of the dated bands i.e Stereophonics and Manics for a bit of hip hop. Disappointed KC call these two headliners when they've done nowt for years. Snoop Daaawwwwwg was awesome and last year I really enjoyed Sugarhill Gang. Tinie and Loyle Carner are not in the same league really.

I would bin Manics and swap for something current like The 1975 for the youth .

bin the hotpots and have Mr Grump and ramgangnam playing the spoons .

bomb off frank turner and have Hacienda classical .

add Johnny Marr .

Get rid of example purely because he's a twat that can't handle his drugs ! Ha ha 

Where do I start I would swap tinie for the vaccines if it has to be a previous headliner,  as for previous acts I would bring back sherlocks, sundara Karma, Louis Berry, sunset sons, miles kane, James, charlatans, embrace, levellers, soul 2 soul, blossoms and most definitely johnny marr

4 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Frank Turner is the only bad booking in my opinion. Can argue stereophonics and manics too similar for the same year I guess but having Turner back so soon is pretty lazy. Worry is outside his fanbase no one is arsed, at least the others have undeniable hits.

^^^^^ This.

Add from previous years....

dreadzone, craig Charles, gaz Coombes, Alabama 3, King Charles, showhawk duo, bombakare, 2manydjs, clean bandit.

3 hours ago, Paulgott93@gmail.com said:

Don't think the organisers look at this.to be honest coz if they did theye'd ave booked the courteeners 

When they asked The Courteeners they probably looked at the line up and thought it was a joke.

Edited by Cadski

9 hours ago, Cadski said:

When they asked The Courteeners they probably looked at the line up and thought it was a joke.

The courteeners have their own outdoor Gig in Manchester to worry about this year ! 

They appear to only be doing Glastonbury in the U.K. And European festival.

The Courteeners are probably doing what Noel G did a couple of years back large festivals 1 year then prepared to play to Everyman and his the next once the new album is selling poorly! 

I personally don't think the courteeners would work at KC it's full of Manc arseholes as it is ............. Why make sure their inbred cousins also attend ! Ha ha ! 

13 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

The courteeners have their own outdoor Gig in Manchester to worry about this year ! 

They appear to only be doing Glastonbury in the U.K. And European festival.

The Courteeners are probably doing what Noel G did a couple of years back large festivals 1 year then prepared to play to Everyman and his the next once the new album is selling poorly! 

I personally don't think the courteeners would work at KC it's full of Manc arseholes as it is ............. Why make sure their inbred cousins also attend ! Ha ha ! 

If they were coming I am sure you have put them off now. 

You sure have some hate towards Manchester, might put Johnny Marr off coming back for you!

I don't think The Chemical Brothers have played Kendal but I saw them at The Big Chill and they were good so I would add them from my previous years. Even more so because I think someone like them is what is missing for me and would change the feel  of the line up. 

Edited by Cadski

Just now, Cadski said:

Ye not really a fan of them.  Just reckon that's what's missing a bit of a show. Maybe not them but trying to think who would break up the line up for me.

Edited by Cadski

I appreciate what your saying about someone putting on a show at KC ............ the production side has always been a bit pants ! 

Would be great if the main stage was on until say 11:30 and the top act was in the dark with a decent light show ! 

26 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I appreciate what your saying about someone putting on a show at KC ............ the production side has always been a bit pants ! 

Would be great if the main stage was on until say 11:30 and the top act was in the dark with a decent light show ! 

We agree on something